30 hours with a Lumia 920. LOVE IT!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, my White Lumia 920 was delivered from Clove yesterday (FINALLY). I absolutely love it, doesn't appear to have any of the common issues mentioned on here, it's SO fast, the screen is simply amazing and I just can't get over how much better it runs vs my previous HTC 7 Pro. A massive leap forward is that the Lumia is MUCH better at holding a good signal, and doesn't stop working when there's only GPRS/EDGE available, the 7 Pro was totally average at signal and became totally useless on low speed connections.

There are only two teeny tiny downsides:
  1. All the talk of the battery not lasting on here has got me totally obsessed with checking the Battery Saver screen :( It seems totally fine (certainly lasting longer than the 'problematic' units on here) but I have noticed in my obsessive checking that the Time Remaining estimate is wildly variable, I presume it's going to need a good couple of days/weeks to get used to how I use the phone.
  2. My hands appear to be precisely the wrong size - the most natural way to put the phone in my pocket is upside down, but doing so means that when I remove it from my pocket my finger perfectly aligns itself on the camera lens :( but hey, can't complain about that really.

So far I love everything else, the screen is definitely the best bit - coming from a proper keyboard, going for the biggest I could get seems to be a good idea - the touch keyboard is very good but it'll still take some time to get used it. Absolutely love wireless charging too, SO much easier.

One other thing: don't pick too embarrassing a ringtone, the volume on this thing is seriously loud compared to the 7 Pro. I can actually hear my phone ring now!

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, my White Lumia 920 was delivered from Clove yesterday (FINALLY). I absolutely love it, doesn't appear to have any of the common issues mentioned on here, it's SO fast, the screen is simply amazing and I just can't get over how much better it runs vs my previous HTC 7 Pro. A massive leap forward is that the Lumia is MUCH better at holding a good signal, and doesn't stop working when there's only GPRS/EDGE available, the 7 Pro was totally average at signal and became totally useless on low speed connections.

There are only two teeny tiny downsides:
  1. All the talk of the battery not lasting on here has got me totally obsessed with checking the Battery Saver screen :( It seems totally fine (certainly lasting longer than the 'problematic' units on here) but I have noticed in my obsessive checking that the Time Remaining estimate is wildly variable, I presume it's going to need a good couple of days/weeks to get used to how I use the phone.
  2. My hands appear to be precisely the wrong size - the most natural way to put the phone in my pocket is upside down, but doing so means that when I remove it from my pocket my finger perfectly aligns itself on the camera lens :( but hey, can't complain about that really.

So far I love everything else, the screen is definitely the best bit - coming from a proper keyboard, going for the biggest I could get seems to be a good idea - the touch keyboard is very good but it'll still take some time to get used it. Absolutely love wireless charging too, SO much easier.

One other thing: don't pick too embarrassing a ringtone, the volume on this thing is seriously loud compared to the 7 Pro. I can actually hear my phone ring now!

Ah nice. I do the same upside down thing with my phone too. Might i suggest the 3-finger grasp to get it out your pocket. thumb over the start button and first- and middle-fingers over the lower back of the phone. It's less secure and has a higher risk of dropping, but that's how i get my phone easily out of my pocket. And surprisingly, i actually find it easier to retrieve than my old Focus despite it's larger size.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
DcFVQ.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz