- 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM #1
So I've been letting my phone die periodically to see if it will improve the battery life. Unfortunately when I plug it in, it doesn't turn on and (it was on the charger for ~45 minutes at this point) requires a soft reset for it to come on. If I attempt to turn it on it blinks and says it needs plugged in. From there I have to soft reset it to get it to come on. Although, it was charging the whole time it said it needed plugged in...
Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm trying to figure out if this is something that can be fixed or if this is a defective unit.
- 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM #3
- 12-24-2012, 11:05 PM #5
Bumping, because although I try to avoid having my phone die it still does occasionally.
When it does die, I plug it it and no matter how long I wait it won't turn on giving me the "low batter, plug in" icon even though it's plugged in.
Usually a soft reset gets it turned on... Now its not and continuing to give me the low battery image.
- 12-24-2012, 11:13 PM #6
windows phone 8 has a really stupid behavior:
whenever the phone is being charged, it will always turn itself on no matter what you do. turn it off while it's plugged in or sitting on a wireless charging plate? it will turn itself on!
that is why you have this problem.
advice: never let lithium battery drain <10% very bad. in fact, the battery would last twice longer if you only use 50% of it then recharge, which is what i usually do since the 2000 mAh battery in the 920 usually last me 2 days on a complete discharge.
- By Sam Wilderspin in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
- By percistratus in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 04-03-2012, 04:28 AM
- By tbonenga in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
- By Jazmac in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 27Last Post: 08-20-2011, 10:33 AM