AT&T's Bait and Switch on the promo charging plate

tcadbury

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I preordered the Lumia 920 online that came with the wireless charging plate promotion from AT&T on November 07.

When I logged on to AT&T's web site, I saw a message that the plate was backordered. I waited for a couple of weeks and chatted with a rep online, they said that the plate was still backordered. Last week I saw a lot of threads on the forum about people receiving the plate, I called customer support again and they said that there was no wireless plate for me.

It is tiring reaching out the customer support who say that I don't have the promotion. What do I do?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there looks to be a pretty big queue in the backorder log. The time you get your charging plate will likely be relayed to when you placed your order.

As stock comes in, it gets shipped. But not enough stock comes in to satisfy the existing orders.

I ordered my charging plate a day after my wife did. She got hers a week before I got mine.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The charging plate was issued as a separate order with a slightly different order number. So, re-check your original order status online, but add -1 (dash one) to your original order number, such as: xxxxxxxxxxx-1

I pre-ordered online the first night also, and only just received my (awesome) charging plate a week ago.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there looks to be a pretty big queue in the backorder log. The time you get your charging plate will likely be relayed to when you placed your order.

As stock comes in, it gets shipped. But not enough stock comes in to satisfy the existing orders.

I ordered my charging plate a day after my wife did. She got hers a week before I got mine.

Yes but some are just having no luck at all. I bought my Lumia the day it came out, I have been waiting ever since. I had to send Nokia an email today so I can try and receive one.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Lumia 920 on Black friday, and received the phone last Tuesday and the wireless plate came last Wednesday.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Very, very inconsistent. I ordered my phone the day pre-orders opened. The phone arrived on November 9th and the charging pad the following Monday.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Got the initial email of the order, then nothing for 3 weeks. In fact, the order wouldn't even show up on my AT&T account online. Then out of the blue the other day I get an email with a tracking order that it was on its way. Have faith my friend.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought my phone on 12/1 at an ATT store at the local mall. Two separate transactions totaling ~$100 plus $$taxes for the phone and 'free' charger. Received a separate receipt for the charger and was asked if I wanted store or home delivery. I went with home. Been checking the status on ATT website by entering the order confirmation number, located directly under bar code on receipt, took some trial and error to figure this out. Was showing 'processing' up until 12/9. Now shows 'shipped'. Hopefully it shows this week.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes but some are just having no luck at all. I bought my Lumia the day it came out, I have been waiting ever since. I had to send Nokia an email today so I can try and receive one.

Did you order it online? In store?

I know that the first few days, it seems like there was a lit of confusion at AT&T. You had to actually order the charging plate and then a discount would be added. If you didn't order, it may not have been included. The whole system was a mess.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived today. They even ordered me the same color as the phone, white. Phone purchased 12/1, shipped 1 week later, arrived 1 week further.

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just like my experience with getting the phone. (pretty sure I was one of the very last people to get my pre-order phone).

It's the same with the charger plate. I'm still waiting for mine and I'm a pre-order. One thing I can guarantee is ATT does not fulfill orders bases on who ordered first.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I never pre-order anything. There's always stock in stores around here, metro Boston. Can't comment on apple though, never bought their stuff or been in a store.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you order it online? In store?

I know that the first few days, it seems like there was a lit of confusion at AT&T. You had to actually order the charging plate and then a discount would be added. If you didn't order, it may not have been included. The whole system was a mess.

I ordered in while I bought my Lumia at the AT&T store. The guy said probably following Thursday, got no call so I went the next Saturday and they ordered one for me...been over a month since.

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered wife's Lumia 920 the Sunday after it came out from the AT&T store. Didn't have the cyan in stock, so it was ordered and shipped to house. They didn't have info about wireless charging plates, so they said to check back in later and bring the phone/receipt and we could pick it up if they had it. Went in a week and a half later and picked up my black 920 (in stock), and they asked for shipping information for my charging plate. I inquired about my wife's, so they ordered both at the same time. We ordered the black ones, and got them within a week or so.

I'm wondering if different colors cause delays.

RyanKennedy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You ordered online? When I bought mine in store they asked which color charging plate I wanted.

The ATT stores were packed (and its a Christmas gift, anyway, so I'm really not supposed to know about it) but my dad told me that because we were premier customers, he could order the phone and charging pad and get them both at the same time.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the Lumia 920 online that came with the wireless charging plate promotion from AT&T on November 07.

When I logged on to AT&T's web site, I saw a message that the plate was backordered. I waited for a couple of weeks and chatted with a rep online, they said that the plate was still backordered. Last week I saw a lot of threads on the forum about people receiving the plate, I called customer support again and they said that there was no wireless plate for me.

It is tiring reaching out the customer support who say that I don't have the promotion. What do I do?

How is this a 'bait and switch'? It is an order fulfillment issue, not bait and switch. Go into a corporate store, with your phone receipt. Ask them to place the order for the charging plate and get an order number and a receipt for that. You will get your charging plate within 2 weeks.

Cybnext

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
How is this a 'bait and switch'? It is an order fulfillment issue, not bait and switch. Go into a corporate store, with your phone receipt. Ask them to place the order for the charging plate and get an order number and a receipt for that. You will get your charging plate within 2 weeks.

I bought my phone in-store 2 weeks ago (On a Friday). They forgot to order my charging plate so I went back up about a week later (On Thursday) to get it ordered. I received my charging plate the following Tuesday.

My only question is this: what color are people having this backorder issue with? My plate is just black (matches my phone) and it seems like that is pretty well in stock.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The promotion for the wireless charging plate was for the black color. AT&T customer rep. gave me a yellow one when I called in to order my phone because I couldn't do it through the web site. Both phone and charging plate did take a while to come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb