My 920 screen goes black during calls?

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone since release weekend and about a week ago it started doing this thing where when I make a call the screen goes black and I can't get it to light back up. Sounds simple, but, I can't get it to light up to end the call.

Any ideas ?

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think this is to do with dust getting into the sensor that detects your head's proximity to the phone. There's a big thread on it somewhere, and the only fix there appears to be is to blow into the ear price to try and clear the dust, although this is obviously only a temporary fix. Might be worth exchanging your phone for a new one, although its probably unlikely that the same problem won't arise again with the new one.

infdl

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Was too annoying, couldn't make calls where you had to press a number, ended up leaving a few blank voicemails cuz I didn't hang up the phone when the person didn't answer. Oddly enough, I dropped my phone and the problem went away for a day or two. Ended up exchanging the device - life is all good now :) make sure you do it soon, within the 14 day exchange/return policy.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Can phones only be replaced during the 14 days of the exchange policy? What about warranty, excluding $7/month insurance which shouldn't have an affect on a warranty issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786