| | 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM #1
A few updates for my Yorkdale MS Store trip today:
1. Got my L920!!! Rogers and Bestbuy were both out of stock, so I got it from the MS store, they're nicer and cooler people anyway :P
2. No matter where you buy it, it's pretty much the same deal for Canadians right now. Same pricing same phone. Cannot buy phone without a plan. However, I got it during the promotion this weekend so the phone was only $50, plus the early upgrade fee + tax it came up to around $150, but apparently there's another $50 online rebate I can do on Rogers, so the total was $108. Sadly, that also means another 3 pathetic years of Rogers T_T
p.s. In terms of colours, one guy told me no other colour available in Canada as of now, but they are in talks with more colours, might be one month, might be two... And then the other guy told me pretty much the same thing, except that he eventually said there's not too big of a chance for Canadians to get all the colours, if one more would be quite a miracle already.... that's when I decided to get my black L920 today.
3. No free accessories with purchase of WP8 right now, maybe they had something before but not at the moment.
4. The store has the incipio cases for $25 (all 3 colours, but I had to ask for them to bring the cyan out..)
5. No wireless charging plate in stock right now, only the wireless charging stand in black. They said will have them in stock soon!
6. I'm proud of this one, haha: The first 920 he gave me I turned it on to check for defects, and then I remember ppl mentioning here the yellowness on the buttons/batch numbers, so I asked him if it was the newest batch/shipment, it was a 46/2012, the guy was honest and great and told me there should be a 47/2012 and went to get it for me. So if you are thinking about getting it from MS store, this might be a good tip.
That's pretty much it for now, LOVING the phone, no problem what so ever so far, coming from a first gen WP7 (focus), everything feels soooo much faster and smoother. Loving the new colours, animations, homescreen.... the list goes on.
One thing I notice is the focus assist light is set as ON as default, it came as a surprise for me, which I don't necessarily like, but I found out the way to turn it off soon after.
Ask away if there's any questions, I was there for like an hour today so I should know quite a bit, haha!