Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. spiderbatman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,

    It is sad to see that this particular phone is getting sold out worldwide even after re-shipments and there is not even a launch date mention for India. Though it already available in other Asian countries such as China, HongKong, Malaysia, Singapore..

    Does anyone have any clue regarding its India launch and pricing?
  2. #2  
    I asked a store official(Univercell) and he told me that all three phones are expected in December last week or January first week
  3. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #3  
    Jan mostly...but a bit over prices don't ya think?

    Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
  4. spiderbatman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #4  
    In Malaysia, the cost if you convert to INR comes out to be around 35k.. which I think its just fine since all the top of the line phones (except iPhone) are around that price only.
  5. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Himadri Basak View Post
    In Malaysia, the cost if you convert to INR comes out to be around 35k.. which I think its just fine since all the top of the line phones (except iPhone) are around that price only.
    Oh ya..that's fine...but 42 is a tad bit too much.

    Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
  6. spiderbatman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Oh ya..that's fine...but 42 is a tad bit too much.

    Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    yep 42k is much more than an acceptable price.. but is the India pricing already out?
  7. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderbatman View Post
    yep 42k is much more than an acceptable price.. but is the India pricing already out?
    Long time back..don't know if it is official, but Ithink I saw preorders for that price.

    Wonder who will buy it for that price tag. The damn 900 is 31-32, can u imagine.


    Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
  8. spiderbatman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    Long time back..don't know if it is official, but Ithink I saw preorders for that price.

    Wonder who will buy it for that price tag. The damn 900 is 31-32, can u imagine.
    The price you are talking about which released long time back was after direct conversion of some euro value when its prices were announced in some European conuntry. Although, the prices have been varied and its lesser in Asia as compared to Europe.

    HK - 39.5k
    Malaysia - 35k
    Europe (any country) - 40-46k

    Yes, 900 is over priced, I am hoping it to fall with the launch of new Lumia series...
  9. Paavan Shukla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #9  

    According to my sources who are high up there in Nokia confirm that the phone will launch in India on 14/15th January. and will be available in stores in the same week. The price will be 1K cheaper to HTC's Windows8x,which comes to around 32,999.
    The launch was scheduled for Christmas but was pushed back due to the Proximity sensor issue and the camera issue. Nokia are still trying to sort out Wireless Bluetooth problem,which they havent yet taken care of in US and Canada.
  10. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    710 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #10  
    It's launching in mid January here in Pakistan so I suppose you guys will also get it the same time.
  11. spiderbatman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paavan Shukla View Post
    According to my sources who are high up there in Nokia confirm that the phone will launch in India on 14/15th January. and will be available in stores in the same week. The price will be 1K cheaper to HTC's Windows8x,which comes to around 32,999.
    The launch was scheduled for Christmas but was pushed back due to the Proximity sensor issue and the camera issue. Nokia are still trying to sort out Wireless Bluetooth problem,which they havent yet taken care of in US and Canada.
    Well..Nokia Customer Care is repetitively mentioning the launch date to be in 1st week of Jan with no details on price. And even with your "sources high up" quoting the price to be around 32k.. I highly doubt it.. (though I wish it comes out to be true).


    By the way, which wireless bluetooth problem are you talking about?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
  2. An attendees thoughts on the Nokia Lumia 920/820 Launch Party
    By napkatz in forum Site Feedback & Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 08:44 AM
  3. Any news on next gen (Apollo) Nokia Lumia?
    By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows Phones
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
  4. Any news on Miscrosoft deals for Lumia buyers?
    By sr! in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 12:34 AM
  5. Nokia Lumia 900 Launch Date
    By sanjeev40084 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions