How do I get my 920 to run a program when on its charge stand?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi.. Finally got my new 920 back from Clove today. All A OK so far.

I also purchased a white Nokia charge stand.. The two meet and the phone goes into Charge just fine. BUT How do I get the phone to do a certain action when placed on the stand? As always, any help most welcome..

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
On mine it's more of an nfc logo near the indicator light, not really a sticker. Just tap the top of the phone there and it will alert you as long as you have NFC turned on on the phone.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Three more questions:

1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission?
2. Is there any way to turn the noise off?
3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag?

Thanks again.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission? - nope
2. Is there any way to turn the noise off? - I don't think so
3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag? - Nope, because of tag placement. You could technically buy another tag and program it to launch an app and stick it to the top of the charger.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission? - nope
2. Is there any way to turn the noise off? - I don't think so
3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag? - Nope, because of tag placement. You could technically buy another tag and program it to launch an app and stick it to the top of the charger.

Wow.. what a missed opportunity from Nokia. I suppose it won't be long before 3rd party hardware comes out. Thanks for the quick feedback.. but for now.. my 60 pounds stand is a very nice looking charger and that's it...

Could you imagine being able to drop your phone onto the stand in the evening and a clock app just appears? surely the designers must have thought about simple things like this?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree and I'm looking around for formatted NFC tags that I can set to do things and place them in places like the tope of the stand and a car dock. NFC Interactor seems to be a pretty cool app for this kind of stuff.

hcbx

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
NFC implementation on the 920 (or any other WP8 device) is not that cool...
only opening programs or opening a configuration menu - but not changing any values

=> no turning on / off for Bluetooth or WLAN etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon