- 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM #1
Hi.. Finally got my new 920 back from Clove today. All A OK so far.
I also purchased a white Nokia charge stand.. The two meet and the phone goes into Charge just fine. BUT How do I get the phone to do a certain action when placed on the stand? As always, any help most welcome..
- 12-10-2012, 08:49 AM #4
On mine it's more of an nfc logo near the indicator light, not really a sticker. Just tap the top of the phone there and it will alert you as long as you have NFC turned on on the phone.
- 12-10-2012, 09:15 AM #6
Three more questions:
1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission?
2. Is there any way to turn the noise off?
3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag?
- 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM #7
1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission? - nope
2. Is there any way to turn the noise off? - I don't think so
3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag? - Nope, because of tag placement. You could technically buy another tag and program it to launch an app and stick it to the top of the charger.
- 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM #8
Could you imagine being able to drop your phone onto the stand in the evening and a clock app just appears? surely the designers must have thought about simple things like this?
- 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM #9
I agree and I'm looking around for formatted NFC tags that I can set to do things and place them in places like the tope of the stand and a car dock. NFC Interactor seems to be a pretty cool app for this kind of stuff.
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM #10
- 4 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
NFC implementation on the 920 (or any other WP8 device) is not that cool...
only opening programs or opening a configuration menu - but not changing any values
=> no turning on / off for Bluetooth or WLAN etc.
- By KronicOD in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
- By Spdracer in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
- By Reeves in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:41 PM
- By IceDigger in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-08-2011, 12:39 AM