Hi.. Finally got my new 920 back from Clove today. All A OK so far.

I also purchased a white Nokia charge stand.. The two meet and the phone goes into Charge just fine. BUT How do I get the phone to do a certain action when placed on the stand? As always, any help most welcome..
    12-10-2012 07:11 AM
    NFC sticker, the app NFC Launchit and then off you go
    12-10-2012 07:16 AM
    Not gone any NFC sticker in my box.. should it come with one?
    12-10-2012 07:24 AM
    On mine it's more of an nfc logo near the indicator light, not really a sticker. Just tap the top of the phone there and it will alert you as long as you have NFC turned on on the phone.
    uktivo likes this.
    12-10-2012 07:49 AM
    Thanks.. how the heck did you find that out?.. its working now..
    12-10-2012 08:10 AM
    Three more questions:

1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission?
    2. Is there any way to turn the noise off?
    3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag?

Thanks again.
    12-10-2012 08:15 AM
    1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission? - nope
    2. Is there any way to turn the noise off? - I don't think so
    3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag? - Nope, because of tag placement. You could technically buy another tag and program it to launch an app and stick it to the top of the charger.
    12-10-2012 08:26 AM
    1. Is there any way to allow the phone to just open the application without keep asking permission? - nope
    2. Is there any way to turn the noise off? - I don't think so
    3. Is there a way to allow the phone to enter its chosen program, simply by it standing on the stand, save keep touching the tag? - Nope, because of tag placement. You could technically buy another tag and program it to launch an app and stick it to the top of the charger.
    Wow.. what a missed opportunity from Nokia. I suppose it won't be long before 3rd party hardware comes out. Thanks for the quick feedback.. but for now.. my 60 pounds stand is a very nice looking charger and that's it...

Could you imagine being able to drop your phone onto the stand in the evening and a clock app just appears? surely the designers must have thought about simple things like this?
    12-10-2012 08:52 AM
    I agree and I'm looking around for formatted NFC tags that I can set to do things and place them in places like the tope of the stand and a car dock. NFC Interactor seems to be a pretty cool app for this kind of stuff.
    uktivo likes this.
    12-10-2012 09:13 AM
    NFC implementation on the 920 (or any other WP8 device) is not that cool...
    only opening programs or opening a configuration menu - but not changing any values

=> no turning on / off for Bluetooth or WLAN etc.
    12-10-2012 09:47 AM