Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Banned

For some reason it will not always connect to my home network and would only work after I have restarted the phone / and or re-enabled wifi.

I am having the same issue. Every so often when I lock the screen and unlock it later it will not reconnect. And there is no way for me to reconnect to the network as it does not appear in my wifi list. When I do a reboot, it automatically connects.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    An update just rolled out for the HTC 8X. Have you guys tried looking if its rolling out for the 920 yet?

No update as of yet.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Try deleting the SSID from your wifi settings, reboot your phone, let it find it and reconnect and see if that helps you out?

Holy cow, the exact same thing is happening to me! I thought my L920 was defective or something! If the WiFi on mine cuts off and I turn the screen back on to reconnect to WiFi, it crashes my home network! Nothing is able to connect.
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.

Not the same issue I am having. Currently I simply cannot reconnect to the hidden network. I will wait for the new update before defining it as a new issue.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    windows phone 8 doesn't play well with hidden SSIDS. Something that was never intended to be supported, and doesn't add any layer of security anyway.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Ive had this problem today also. Had to delete connection, reboot and search and connect again. Been fine since then..

Mine connects to non-broadcasted network everyday. So its supported.

May not be the most secure way of controlling who connects to your wireless. But it is highly effective for keeping 99% of the casual users off it.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by orngbld View Post
    Holy cow, the exact same thing is happening to me! I thought my L920 was defective or something! If the WiFi on mine cuts off and I turn the screen back on to reconnect to WiFi, it crashes my home network! Nothing is able to connect.
    !!!! This is exactly what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Try deleting the SSID from your wifi settings, reboot your phone, let it find it and reconnect and see if that helps you out?
    Will try, looks like a huge WP glitch though.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    Will try, looks like a huge WP glitch though.
    a glitch implies that it's happening to everyone. since i dont have this problem at home or at work and i dont see many others saying they have the same issue, it looks isolated. then again, i dont connect to hidden networks. all the networks i use are public with WEP security.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    Mine connects to non-broadcasted network everyday. So its supported.

May not be the most secure way of controlling who connects to your wireless. But it is highly effective for keeping 99% of the casual users off it.
    Because it works sometimes, does not make it "supported". The whole point of an SSID was to SEE it, and then add your own security to it (wpa2-psk or something).

I am just telling you the facts.

Let me ask you a question then... if your SSID is encrypted and password protected, why would it matter if anyone else "sees" it? What exactly are they getting on, if they can't get past your password? Seems to me that it will just simply prevent a casual person from seeing it, in the same way that it keeps my car from being seen by people if I put in the garage vs leave it out in the driveway.

No, my L920 is perfectly fine. reconnects to wifi everytime I unlock the screen, but since the update is coming, I am not worried
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    a glitch implies that it's happening to everyone. since i dont have this problem at home or at work and i dont see many others saying they have the same issue, it looks isolated. then again, i dont connect to hidden networks. all the networks i use are public with WEP security.
    Mine is not hidden

My 920 WiFi will not connect to my home network, i reboot - no result, i delete SSID, reboot and try to connect - no result, restarted thrice and tried - no result.
    What should i do now?
    I have similar issue. Not sure is it due recent Nokia update or not but yesterday I updated my phone on work and when I come to home - phone won't able to connect to home WIFI(I don't have any issues with WIFI before). But my situation is even worse - phone don't see my home WIFI at all:( It shows the list of my neighbor WIFI even with almost no signal strength. But it doesn't show my network. I rebooted phone and router number of times. I delete SSID on phone. I even changes some network parameters on router - no luck.
    My laptop and wife's iphone see and connect to WIFI without any problems. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

bump

I'm having a very similar problem here. Once i turn my phone on, the wifi works , but when i leave the wifi area and try a different network it wont connect. THen i walk back to the initial netwrok and it doesnt connect again. A quick re-start solves the problem, but this is a basic error. Not happy.

my phone connects to my home wifi like a charm, automatically and speedy. Try resetting router and modem

Fixed it by switching security mode to WPA2 Only.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Same issue here. I also had the issue with my Lumia 900. It happens less on the 920, but still happens. It seems like it can't get authenticated. Sometimes just clicking on the SSID again gets it to connect and sometimes wifi needs to be turned off and back on again.

A quick update from me. I can fix the issue by turning off Bluetooth. Everything works like a charm now. I guess i'll have to wait a while for hands free use in my car though :(

I am having this issue as well. My wife's Lumia 920 cannot connect to our home wifi network. However, my Surface, my Focus S, and our two laptops have no problem connecting. When I try deleting the network, and re-adding it, it says there is no response from the network, and to try again later. This is really frustrating. I have to say that I have not been thrilled with WP8, because this is not the first bug I have run into =(

Update: I reset my router, and the phone was then able to connect, but the 920 is the only device that had a problem, so I don't know why the reset was necessary. It is unacceptable to have to reset the router just for the 920, and I may consider replacing the phone if this behavior continues after the Portico update.
    Thanked by:
    Wappinger likes this.

Did it ever connect before and then suddenly lose it's connection?

I've had to reset my router for a Visio smart tv, nook eReader, ps3 and previous android phones, forgetting to pay the cable bill. Not too big of a deal. Beats factory resetting the individual devices.

If it happens again, have it replaced through warranty.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast