Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I 'm dying to find out if anyone has tried the Beats Solo HD and if they are fully/partially compatible with the Lumia 920.
    Any clues are highly appreciated.

I have the Solo HD
    • Headphones will work
    • Play/Pause and double tap for next track/triple tap for previous track will work
    • Volume control will NOT WORK(only for iProducts)
    • Haven't tried the mic
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    How do you like the sound?

Quote Originally Posted by gerraldd View Post
    I have the Solo HD
    • Headphones will work
    • Play/Pause and double tap for next track/triple tap for previous track will work
    • Volume control will NOT WORK(only for iProducts)
    • Haven't tried the mic

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Mic doesn't work!
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_224 using Board Express
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply zipro. That really sucks.

As an alternative, you could try the the Nokia Purity HD by Monster as they seem to be in the same class as the Beats Solo HD. I just picked up a pair at ATT and as of now, they are half off at $99. My personal opinion is they are not worth $200 (neither are the Beats) but definetly worth it at half off. I have only heard the Beats Solo HD in the store with the Beats "demo" stand, those were very bass heavy which can be good or bad depending on what kind of music you listen to. So far, I like the Purity HD cans. IMO, the sound quality is very good, they are stylish and the best part is it works great with my NL920.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by arjeel View Post
    As an alternative, you could try the the Nokia Purity HD by Monster as they seem to be in the same class as the Beats Solo HD. I just picked up a pair at ATT and as of now, they are half off at $99. My personal opinion is they are not worth $200 (neither are the Beats) but definetly worth it at half off. I have only heard the Beats Solo HD in the store with the Beats "demo" stand, those were very bass heavy which can be good or bad depending on what kind of music you listen to. So far, I like the Purity HD cans. IMO, the sound quality is very good, they are stylish and the best part is it works great with my NL920.
    Thanks arjeel. That seems to be the right way to go. I think I'll give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Fernandez View Post
    How do you like the sound?
    Well, I'm not an audiophile so I think the sound is alright. Bass is a bit high though.

After reading these and with my own experience.
    Conclusion:

Mic and volume buttons don't work.
    play/pause/next/previous button work.

Send suggestions to Nokia or MS for these inquiries. A LOT of ppl use Monster headsets, they should really fix this.