Lumia 920 compatible with Beats Solo HD?

Alberto Fernandez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I 'm dying to find out if anyone has tried the Beats Solo HD and if they are fully/partially compatible with the Lumia 920.
Any clues are highly appreciated.

gerraldd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Solo HD
• Headphones will work
• Play/Pause and double tap for next track/triple tap for previous track will work
• Volume control will NOT WORK(only for iProducts)
• Haven't tried the mic

arjeel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As an alternative, you could try the the Nokia Purity HD by Monster as they seem to be in the same class as the Beats Solo HD. I just picked up a pair at ATT and as of now, they are half off at $99. My personal opinion is they are not worth $200 (neither are the Beats) but definetly worth it at half off. I have only heard the Beats Solo HD in the store with the Beats "demo" stand, those were very bass heavy which can be good or bad depending on what kind of music you listen to. So far, I like the Purity HD cans. IMO, the sound quality is very good, they are stylish and the best part is it works great with my NL920.

Alberto Fernandez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
As an alternative, you could try the the Nokia Purity HD by Monster as they seem to be in the same class as the Beats Solo HD. I just picked up a pair at ATT and as of now, they are half off at $99. My personal opinion is they are not worth $200 (neither are the Beats) but definetly worth it at half off. I have only heard the Beats Solo HD in the store with the Beats "demo" stand, those were very bass heavy which can be good or bad depending on what kind of music you listen to. So far, I like the Purity HD cans. IMO, the sound quality is very good, they are stylish and the best part is it works great with my NL920.

Thanks arjeel. That seems to be the right way to go. I think I'll give them a try.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
After reading these and with my own experience.
Conclusion:

Mic and volume buttons don't work.
play/pause/next/previous button work.

Send suggestions to Nokia or MS for these inquiries. A LOT of ppl use Monster headsets, they should really fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire