The battery/heat issue is clearly software related

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not once since I owned this thing, even at 100% power, with everything disabled, have I ever seen anything more than 12 hours remaining.

If possible, I would definitely say return the phone for a new unit. My first phone was like this, draining very fast and the "Estimated Time Remaining" was always very low. As for this new one, after one week of use and a factory reset, I would say I'm getting pretty good battery life with everything enabled (I have Drive blocked and only AccuWeather able to run in the background).

As for the heat issues, I still don't understand why Wordament would cause the phone to heat up when I'm on WiFi. Maybe the software is causing the LTE connection to heat up the battery even if the phone is connected to WiFi? I also agree that SmartGlass makes the phone hot and kills the battery.

boatsnbeaches

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, the real problem isn't apps that heat up the phone when used, but the 'battery bug' that heats/discharges the phone while its sits idle on the desk. Heating up with use in common and acceptable, but sitting idle on the desk and randomly heating up to kill the battery in 2-3 hours is a real problem that needs to be addressed/fixed asap.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Heating up with use in common and acceptable, but sitting idle on the desk and randomly heating up to kill the battery in 2-3 hours is a real problem that needs to be addressed/fixed asap.

I absolutely agree with you but I think there are two things going on here. The battery drain while idle is definitely an issue that needs to be investigated and fixed. The other issue that I'm struggling with is how much heat/battery drain is acceptable with normal, every day use? Before I did a factory reset on my phone the battery would drop around 5% in 10 minutes of reading in the Kindle app with nothing else going on in the background, is that normal? The phone would also get somewhat warm, is that supposed to happen?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Its amazing how some of us have turned off all background tasks, location, ect and this phones battery life still sucks. Using a particular app will really heat up this phone more than it should.

Not all people who have battery or heat problems are even blaming background tasks.

Just for the record, some apps run background services that you cannot disable.

A_Hel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would like to think it is only a software issue, but then how is it only a part of us get this problem?
Same as you, everything's off, I only get a few hours... and this make me really sad!

I start to think it is a hardware issue, and it shouldn't be if you pay 600 euro for a damn phone.

amhibionada

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
thanks! this helped me.:smile:

i would like to add these apps:
1) Battery
2) #1 toolkit

although they both have good ratings, I wonder why after uninstalling them removed
my phone's heating problems and battery drain issues.

And now I still can't update to 8.1. My download progress is always 0%..why's this?

I'm using nokia lumia 1320!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon