Music playback chirps and static on mp3

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
First things first -- using iTunes 11 and Windows Connector on Mac OS X Lion.

I'm noticing a lot of pops, chirps and static blips during playback of music that I've synced to my 920 from iTunes. It seems to be related to the file format. m4a plays correctly, with no extra noises or problems. But mp3, both purchased and encoded from CD, frequently play back with random chirps. If I use iTunes Match to re-download these songs as m4a, the chirps disappear. This was not a problem with WP7.5, so my guess is that it is something introduced with either the 920 audio chip or WP8 itself. Anyone else notice this? I couldn't find any threads or posts about this.

Emmanuel Otchere

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing same cracking static sound on my Nokia lumia 820 when playing music. The static does not stop even when i stop playing or mute the device audio. I have to restart before it stops and it's happening frequently each time needing to restart... :unhappy: I will just have to go to HTC's 8x, perhaps better quality checks there...

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I get the high frequency hiss and pop on many of the ripped from cd mp3s I brought over but not from any music purchased through iTunes. Didn't even cross my mind it would be due to file type. Never heard these noises on previous two phones or when playing from media center on PC or surround sound system or iPod hooked up to vehicles.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah i get some crackling with mp3s and ringtones occasionally.. because it's occassional and random, i'm going to say it's safe to assume it's a software issue and not a harware issue since there are plenty of times where it sounds just find... a minor annoyance though, that's for sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3