Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Banned

Yes, no, maybe?

Not yet:/

Nope. What is this update supposed to fix anyway? Just the touchscreen improvement? If so then I'm not looking forward to it too much, since I have no problem what so ever with the screen
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Nope. What is this update supposed to fix anyway? Just the touchscreen improvement? If so then I'm not looking forward to it too much, since I have no problem what so ever with the screen
    SMS auto reply on reject, wifi, etc

Microsoft's first OTA update for Windows Phone 8 OS now live for HTC 8X | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I thought I read somewhere that nokia users can it expect it around the 18th of this month
    Banned

Would appreciate the source

Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that nokia users can it expect it around the 18th of this month
    Banned

Damn, I have a Lumia to wrap into a Christmas paper but would love to update just before doing that.

Otherwise, I won't be able to sleep at night, thinking that the phone I am about to gift is not up to date.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    So the flagship phone didn't get the update and the phone that barely got any limelight got it on day 1? I'm looking to purchase L920 in the coming months. I hope this isn't a routine in the future.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    So the flagship phone didn't get the update and the phone that barely got any limelight got it on day 1? I'm looking to purchase L920 in the coming months. I hope this isn't a routine in the future.
    My speculation: Nokia is working on a camera fix and want to push both updates at the same time, targeting the last week before Christmas to have as much time as possible.
    Last edited by Hiiiiiiiii; 12-11-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: My speculation: Nokia is working on a camera fix and want to push both updates at the same time, targeting the last week befo

Just got the update on my 8x this morning...i cant however find patch notes anywhere...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BokiV View Post
    Just got the update on my 8x this morning...i cant however find patch notes anywhere...
    Just got the update

on my 8x

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    8x is a signature device for both WP8 and MSFT.
    This is worse than first world problems really. Everyone will get the update, why worry who gets first?

Think it this way, if it brings along a few bugs, you aren't the first one getting it!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Yap..got the update down here in Zimbabwe and so far so good no scares or alarms. The keep wifi active option works fine among other changes...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fareefly View Post
    Yap..got the update down here in Zimbabwe and so far so good no scares or alarms. The keep wifi active option works fine among other changes...
    Hi Farai, on L920?

No sorry it's on the HTC 8X.

Quote Originally Posted by Fareefly View Post
    No sorry it's on the HTC 8X.
    Banned

Nothing yet. Damn
    The more you want it, the slower it will come to you. Just like sun in summer.
    Muessig likes this.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Normally, I wouldn't mind getting it a bit later - however, I came to the 920 from a Galaxy S3 which literally never got any updates whatsoever. I'm just a bit worried that the same thing's going to happen with the Lumia 920. The 8X is a bit like the Nexus line of phones - updates come in directly from Microsoft. Updates for the Lumia 920, however, have to be approved by Nokia first and then by your local carrier as well. I'm having a strong feeling of dj vu here.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It will come just be patient. Nokia has some minor different features than HTC (which is more less cookie cutter WP). They probably have to test and make sure it wont interfere with the Nokia specific apps or the wireless charging or the image stabilization for their camera.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Has anyone with a carrier locked device gotten it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    Normally, I wouldn't mind getting it a bit later - however, I came to the 920 from a Galaxy S3 which literally never got any updates whatsoever. I'm just a bit worried that the same thing's going to happen with the Lumia 920. The 8X is a bit like the Nexus line of phones - updates come in directly from Microsoft. Updates for the Lumia 920, however, have to be approved by Nokia first and then by your local carrier as well. I'm having a strong feeling of dj vu here.
    Totally a wrong impression. #thisisnotandroid.

Lumias will ALWAYS get more number of updates than any WP.

8X isn't Nexus at all. It is a signature device sure, but it will only get MSFT updates. HTC doesn't update anything worth rat's ***. I had a Titan before, so trust me on that.
    Lumia on the other hand has HUGE support from Nokia and even if MSFT stops, Nokia will take care of your 920. Just be patient.
    jdhooghe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Totally a wrong impression. #thisisnotandroid.

Lumias will ALWAYS get more number of updates than any WP.

8X isn't Nexus at all. It is a signature device sure, but it will only get MSFT updates. HTC doesn't update anything worth rat's ***. I had a Titan before, so trust me on that.
    Lumia on the other hand has HUGE support from Nokia and even if MSFT stops, Nokia will take care of your 920. Just be patient.
    I agree!

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkka View Post
    I agree!
    Let's hope so. I'm on Swisscom and they're glacial when it comes to approving updates.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This is only avail for HTC 8x so far, other than phones that came with it preloaded from manufacturer.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast