BT4.0 and FM radio coming to WP8?

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The Qualcomm WCN3660 chip (Qualcomm) inside the lumia supports FM.

"...the WCN3660 supports an extensive suite of advanced Wi-Fi connectivity options with multiple Wi-Fi standards. The WCN3660 chip also supports Bluetooth 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 and the worldwide FM radio frequency band."

So maybe.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not an expert of creating cell phone circuit boards so I could be wrong but I am pretty sure there is more to it then simply saying the chipset supports it. Things like connectors to support an antenna and what not.

os2k

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not an expert of creating cell phone circuit boards so I could be wrong but I am pretty sure there is more to it then simply saying the chipset supports it. Things like connectors to support an antenna and what not.

I am not an expert either, but I think you are correct. For example - my BN Nook Color has bluetooth radio on the system chip that can be activated by running a custom ROM. However, there is no antenna, so the BT range is not usable.

Having FM radio on the chip is nothing but an indicator that there is a slim chance for FM radio. Until we hear anything official from MS/Nokia it's all speculations.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Well if BT4.0 comes, then I hope my vehicles can support this. Many devices aren't built for future tech compatibilities. I would hate to lose hands free operation while driving; anyone know if the two standards are compatible with each other?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster