- 12-11-2012, 08:02 AM #1
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM #3
- 13 Posts
The Qualcomm WCN3660 chip (Qualcomm) inside the lumia supports FM.
"...the WCN3660 supports an extensive suite of advanced Wi-Fi connectivity options with multiple Wi-Fi standards. The WCN3660 chip also supports Bluetooth 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 and the worldwide FM radio frequency band."
- 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM #6
I am not an expert of creating cell phone circuit boards so I could be wrong but I am pretty sure there is more to it then simply saying the chipset supports it. Things like connectors to support an antenna and what not.
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM #7
- 13 Posts
Having FM radio on the chip is nothing but an indicator that there is a slim chance for FM radio. Until we hear anything official from MS/Nokia it's all speculations.
- 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM #8
Well if BT4.0 comes, then I hope my vehicles can support this. Many devices aren't built for future tech compatibilities. I would hate to lose hands free operation while driving; anyone know if the two standards are compatible with each other?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
- By DAIMONDY in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-08-2012, 11:48 PM
- By Divination in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 15Last Post: 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 10-05-2012, 04:45 AM
- By smartpatrol in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 20Last Post: 09-14-2011, 08:12 PM
- By malachijd in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 1Last Post: 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM