Can't purchase Windows Store apps with ATT account

stonedauwg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
By default, the Lumia 920 is loaded with your ATT account in the Wallet app. In fact, it's the only thing in the Wallet on a fresh phone install. But when I try to purchase anything using that account it just tells me something about "the connection must be off (which it isn't) etc". I added a PayPal acct to the Wallet and that works fine for purchases. Anyone else not able to purchase using the built in ATT account in Wallet?

Side note, when I tried to buy music from the Xbox Music store on the phone, it only gave me the option of the ATT Wallet account or adding a new credit card. For some reason it didn't "see" the PayPal account like normal Store app purchases does. Is this an xbox music restriction?

stonedauwg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just contacted ATT chat online and they say...wait for it...carrier billing is not supported on Windows Phone??!!?!?!?@@?!#~!@@# What the #!@#??? Then why install the ATT account as the default in the Wallet app? Anyone else able to actually make a purchase to their ATT account? I'm not sure I believe this online CSR rep.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just contacted ATT chat online and they say...wait for it...carrier billing is not supported on Windows Phone??!!?!?!?@@?!#~!@@# What the #!@#??? Then why install the ATT account as the default in the Wallet app? Anyone else able to actually make a purchase to their ATT account? I'm not sure I believe this online CSR rep.

I bought an app using my Att account...

http://i.imgur.com/GHqNX.jpg (proof)

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not true; I've purchased dozens of apps using my AT&T account via my Windows Phone, both v7 and v8.

The Windows Store has had issues lately though; sometimes -- too often -- I have had to retry the purchase a second time to get it to go through.

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This happened with me too. It worked for maybe one purchase then just stopped working for me. I just chatted with AT&T support and they told me that my account had a purchase blocker on it (probably back from my cingular days) and that if I removed it they would not be responsible for any fraudulent charges (text message subscriptions, Free ringtone scams... and such). Once I had it removed I tested it out and it let me direct bill with no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital