12-11-2012, 06:13 PM #2
- 192 Posts
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM #3
- 9 Posts
I didn't quite have this issue but when I plugged my phone into my computer Windows would see it but I couldn't browse the files. It wouldn't work on any system but my wife's phone did work. I found this and after installing I could then see the files:
Windows Phone 8 | Sync music, photos, videos, and podcasts with your PC | Add ringtones | Support | Windows Phone (United States)
- 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM #4
I can't even get an error message! The first 920 I had sync'd after I updated my .net framework but this new one I have doesn't even acknowlege there is anything plugged in. I can't even drag and drop because it doesn't show up in "My Computer". I'm doing updates on my Windows 7 right now but if that doesn't work I have no idea how I'm going to get my music transferred over.
- 12-11-2012, 11:14 PM #5
Sweet success! I updated my Windows 7 and restarted my computer. It still didn't recognize my phone. So, as a last resort, I restarted my phone and then when I plugged it in-- EUREKA! It installed nice as can be. I can't believe how much time I spent trying to get that to work. I usually don't have trouble figuring out gadgets.
- 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM #7
12-11-2012, 11:40 PM #8
- 38 Posts
I did have the exact same problem on a Windows 7 64 bit computer that had Zune installed and when trying to connect a Lumia 920.
It drove me insane for a while but I did find a help page on the Nokia site that gave me a fix that worked. I am trying to find it again but without much success.
It explained how to look up a registry entry and then to delete the upper registery entry - it looked and read weird but worked.
- By YossMan in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
- By poiman in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 70Last Post: 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
- By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
- By Timture in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 10Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
- By napkatz in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 09-08-2012, 08:44 AM