Offline Navigation issue?

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been asked before. I downloaded a states map in Nokia Drive. When I switch the Nav program to offline, it will load my destination and then not track. Its like the program freezes. It suggests I download the map, but its already downloaded. Switching back to online use works fine.

How do I get the program to work offline correctly?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there are other threads where this has been discussed. It mostly boils down to this app still being in beta state. And yes, I live in San Diego and I've faced the freezing issue too, more when the map is in 3D mode than in 2D mode.

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I meant offline as in to make SURE it doesn't use data when using GPS. There is an option in settings to be online or offline. I even did the option online to choose the map I downloaded. So basically there isn't anything I can do?

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been asked before. I downloaded a states map in Nokia Drive. When I switch the Nav program to offline, it will load my destination and then not track. Its like the program freezes. It suggests I download the map, but its already downloaded. Switching back to online use works fine.

How do I get the program to work offline correctly?

have you tried to use nokia maps? i like that better than nokia drive. you can input your destination and as long as you have the map installed it gives you turn by turn directions and you dont have to have your data on for the gps to be activated. you just dont get the audio directions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3