JBL PwerUp vs PlayUp vs ....

marius de klerk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
O.k. so this is my problem.

I absolutely want the JBL Powerup but with the portability of the Playup.

My understanding of it is that the Powerup has to be connected to a main power source,What I would like to have is a unit that connects with a mains source every day of the week except the one where I need it to be portable.I understand in this situation the charging portion would be non functional,but since the whole idea of taking it outside would be to make the music portable it would not bother me in the slightest.

My only option now is either to buy the Playup and a charging plate,which will at some stages require two mains connections,which really irretates me or wait until a manufacturer sees this oppertunity...I guess what irretates me most is why have two items when one could be s proper all in one,if it existed...

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
dude the Nokia 360 playup or whatever you call it is excellent. i just bought one and it delivers quality sound and after charging it, the battery last for 20 hours vs the power ups 10 hour life. plus its still NFC and Bluetooth compatible so it pairs vary quickly and NFC even wakes the radio up with one touch. its nice and cheaper for $150. if you absolutely need wireless charging built in, go for the powerup

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The Powerup is pretty good. It delivers some really good quality sound for a small package. I have a Beats box and aside from the hard bass...the sound is about the same. Awesome speakers...lives up to the JBL name. The wireless charging is just a plus.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd say not only a budget issue also a use case issue. powerup sounds better and louder and has wireless charging, but will only play when plugged in so not portable. playup sounds less good and is smaller, and has battery so you can take it with you places but won't charge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon