How many tabs can you open in IE?

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've read a number of reviews on the lumia 920 which states that the 6 tab restriction from WP7 is now gone and you can open more tabs now. I can only open 6 tabs though on my Australian Lumia 920. Wondering whether the rest of you can open more than 6. Thanks.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read a number of reviews on the lumia 920 which states that the 6 tab restriction from WP7 is now gone and you can open more tabs now. I can only open 6 tabs though on my Australian Lumia 920. Wondering whether the rest of you can open more than 6. Thanks.

I haven't read any reviews that mentioned it, but I am glad there is a limit. There is only 1gb of memory in these phones, and it would suck for people to think they can treat this phone like a desktop and have 15 tabs open. I don't think i'll ever need/want more than 6 tabs to be honest

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes view mobile versions of forums with almost no images, I believe having 10 of them open is no problem.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes view mobile versions of forums with almost no images, I believe having 10 of them open is no problem.

No offense, but what you believe and what is true might be different. I doubt they picked 6 tabs as a maximum randomly. Just because you don't open up memory intensive pages, doesn't mean others wont.

Again, you are on your PHONE!!!!! if you feel the need to spend that much time on so many different tabs of web pages, you might be better off with a laptop.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So were GSMArena lying when they said this in their review? 'And finally, you can open more than six tabs simultaneously, eight or ten worked just fine (WP7.x used to have a restriction on the number of tabs).'

I'm a 'tabaholic', I use lots of tabs and would have loved if I could open more. My android phone had no trouble opening more than 6 tabs in desktop mode and it never had any problems. It had 1GB ram too. IE would be a pretty decent browser for me if it had this and an open in background tab option.

Again, you are on your PHONE!!!!! if you feel the need to spend that much time on so many different tabs of web pages, you might be better off with a laptop.

I hate statements like these. That's completely your opinion. Can I bring my laptop with me everywhere? No. Do I have internet everywhere on my laptop? No. Do I want to tether my phone with my laptop and use my data and battery in minutes? No. Just because you might not spend much time browsing on your phone doesn't mean that other's don't/shouldn't. I bought this phone, with it's 4.5" screen, so I could browse the internet better wherever and whenever I want.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers