Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    My 3rd and hopefully last Nokia Lumia 920 was delivered last night but I wasn't able to pick it up. Its the one Nokia sent me after emailing elop and speaking with Macy. Its replacing my second att cyan which was having battery issues (better than the first one) the started getting hot on phone calls (hotter than a normal device) and starting 2 days ago the phone started locking up and forcing itself to the lock screen, freezing and having random (not many) apps crash. (twitter,Facebook,weather,angry birds,Nokia music,settings menu) so hopefully the 3rd phone is the charm as Macy from Nokia said to me.
    Att had offered me the Samsung gs3 or the iPhone 5 but I turned them down and said I was gonna wait for the new phone from nokia because I do like the device. I will update the post later tonight and tomorrow to see how things go. Fingers crossed
    Klevis likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    How many people here are still on their first phone? I'm guessing not a lot. I really hope the newer batches of this phone are better.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    How many people here are still on their first phone? I'm guessing not a lot. I really hope the newer batches of this phone are better.
    Nokia people are, if nothing else, a persistent bunch!

I am on my first BUILD device
    jaj324 likes this.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    My fourth 920, which was promised 2 weeks ago is nowhere to be found. Macy has avoided contact with me until I basically told her, "forget it, I'm getting an HTC 8x". Her response was, "maybe next week".

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    She told me she was going to send me a new cyan and this was last Monday 12/3/12 i believe. It was shipped out on friday 12/7/12 and came last night 12/11/12 from Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    ATT Lumia 920(White) it's my first phone and haven't had a single problem with it.
    jaj324 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    My fourth 920, which was promised 2 weeks ago is nowhere to be found. Macy has avoided contact with me until I basically told her, "forget it, I'm getting an HTC 8x". Her response was, "maybe next week".
    Fourth?!! Damn :/
    I am on my first still. I have had a few random reboots and lock ups. Nothing that has made me want to exchange it. Love this device.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    My 3rd and hopefully last Nokia Lumia 920 was delivered last night but I wasn't able to pick it up. Its the one Nokia sent me after emailing elop and speaking with Macy. Its replacing my second att cyan which was having battery issues (better than the first one) the started getting hot on phone calls (hotter than a normal device) and starting 2 days ago the phone started locking up and forcing itself to the lock screen, freezing and having random (not many) apps crash. (twitter,Facebook,weather,angry birds,Nokia music,settings menu) so hopefully the 3rd phone is the charm as Macy from Nokia said to me.
    Att had offered me the Samsung gs3 or the iPhone 5 but I turned them down and said I was gonna wait for the new phone from nokia because I do like the device. I will update the post later tonight and tomorrow to see how things go. Fingers crossed
    I also have issues with my Lumia, first was dust under ffc and grease-like stains on back of polycarbonate shell. Nokia Care sent it to repair center and it returned with the same blotchy shell, one scratch on screen and loose internals(!). Only ffc was cleaned. I mailed Stephen Elop yesterday and he replied that he's sorry about what happened to me and will ask his team to assist. I'm still waiting for another mail from Stephen or Alf Noto who was in CC field. Nothing so far.. I'm wondering if there is anobody going to really help me.

My first device, not a single hiccup.
    jaj324 likes this.

On my second, but only because I swapped for another color.

Global Posts
    3,964 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I'm on my first device still, it's running perfectly :o

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Crecy View Post
    ATT Lumia 920(White) it's my first phone and haven't had a single problem with it.
    Same as above, two White 920's (Me & Wife) and no issues either.

Have the same problem as OP.

I also mailed to Stephen and I got a great assistant from him and his team.
    Even I lived in Thailand (and we don't have any exchange policy like you guys did in US or UK), but they allow me to exchange my (believe that) defect unit.

Just got my 2nd red Lumia 920 for 2 days, hope this will be my last

Hope you guys also got a good assistant as I did.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    On first, knock on wood. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ton_pkt View Post
    Have the same problem as OP.

I also mailed to Stephen and I got a great assistant from him and his team.
    Even I lived in Thailand (and we don't have any exchange policy like you guys did in US or UK), but they allow me to exchange my (believe that) defect unit.

Just got my 2nd red Lumia 920 for 2 days, hope this will be my last

Hope you guys also got a good assistant as I did.
    Wow, lucky you. Wish my case solved the same way

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    on my 2nd 920. first one was black and i had the rebooting for no reason issue that others have had. took it back to the store and got a red one and havent had any issues since then.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    On my first launch day Red 920, just a random freeze every now and then, nothing that I don't believe will be fixed with a software update.

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    On my first, as I'm pretty sure are most other people. It's just that the people who have issues are always the vocal minority. People don't make threads about how their Lumia 920 works as intended, lol.
    camilo897 likes this.

On my second device. Same issues as before for the Bluetooth lockups, but battery life is very good.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    On my first as well. Cyan working beautifully.

I think I have you all beat, I am on my 4th waiting on fifth

The sad thing is this all feels like some sort of karmic retribution... the first phone i replaced was because of a button, then each phone got progressively worse, the 4th one I'm on currently has buzzing during phone calls.... very frustrating

I definitely hope future batches are better because this seriously skews production numbers and will mess with Nokia's stock when it's already hanging by a thread... I feel as if many of us early adopters have returned their phone at least once.... And me for instance, no comment.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I've had my 3rd phone for 24hrs now. There's no weird rectangle by the camera and earpiece on the too of the phone, there's no more creeking and flexing and the color is a solid cyan. My other 2 had slight color variations . But the big issue the battery still s u c k s. I did a factory reset and I did a full charge then full discharge. Gonna do that again. No Skype,no GPS and everything is off. My phone just lost 4% in 12 minutes doing nothing just sitting on my desk with the screen off, WiFi on , emails set for every hour. If the battery doesn't improve by this Friday in then im done. I gave Nokia 3 tries and even though I like the phone I want to be able to use it without worrying about battery use. My second phones battery improved after a few days so hopefully so does this one.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I am on my third phone right now, with less than 7 days to go back to ATT to get a new one.

This one seemed perfect until I noticed that whenever I have a black screen or something I notice a dark blue hue on a section of the screen, anyone know what that might be?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast