SIM card missing or invalid in 920

sumanthkumarch

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: SIM card missing or invalid in 820 disgusting manner

I am from india chennai,using bsnl sim,brought vodafone sim. When inserted vodafone sim"Missing or sim error" pops up and when i place same sim in basic nokia phone its working fine agian i cross checked it by reisnerting bsnl sim its working but when vodafone reinserted same problem continued disgustinga nd clueless

SWE_M

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had the exact same problem here in Sweden. Not even Nokia could fix it so I ended up getting a new 920 from my provider.

affbiz wiz

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me after I installed these apps (Photo Beamer, Panorama, Nokia Cinemagraph). Once I uninstalled these three, the SIM error disappeared. Hope this helps!

amilayajr

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this issue too. Here's what I did, I had a double sided tape that I got from office supply store. What I did was put the tape at the back of the SIM card(the one that does not have the contacts!!!) and put it back in the SIM card tray. If I m not mistakenly assessing this, it seems to me the contacts for the SIM inside the phone is some what not making contact properly with the phone. I noticed before that if my phone gets shook it will not recognize the SIM card anymore and usually needs a restart. So this is what I did, and it seem to work so far. Hopefully that help others. Just buy a double sided tape from scotch3M.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I was having this issue as well on a locked 920 on AT&T. I had to reseat the tray once or twice a day. I took an air can to the tray and the slot on the phone and haven't had a problem since. For the phone, it was just a quick blast for a second or so.

Rachaza

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Ohhhhh thank goodness for this post! I didn't have double sided tape, so I cut out a small piece of a business card and slid it between the SIM card and the plastic holder. Did a hard restart and the phone is back in action!! Horray for saving me a trip to AT&T!!!!! Thanks so much for posting this solution!! :)

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Wife has a Lumia 920 which has a pin snapped off in sim reader and it was not repairable under warranty so I now have to get it repaired, Damn nano to micro adapter got stuck inside.

theboomr

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Aw crappers...that must be what has just happened to my 920. I had the nano-to-micro adapter seated in the tray without a nano SIM inside, and when I tried to pull out the tray it felt stuck...so I tugged harder. It came out with a snapping sort of sound, but I looked inside and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary...but now my SIM doesn't work :( How could you tell that the pin was broken inside?

Stephanie Hilton

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
OMG! Thank you so much, that totally worked! I tried hard and soft resetting the phone, changing to 4 different sim chips, was going absolutely crazy, so THANK YOU!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6