Nokia music won't work on Lumia 920

leeo

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have tried to search this problem but can't find any information anywhere. Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Basically I got my Lumia 920 last week and had a play around with Nokia Music and loved it. I then put all my music on my phone and the mix radio, store and gigs options have all disappeared. I have tried all the settings and also uninstalled and reinstalled. On a reinstall the options will flash up when I first install but will then disappear again. I don't get chance to use them. Anyone had anything similar.

Thanks guys.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I might have the same problem - though I haven't even seen these options.. Got the phone 2 days ago, copied some mp3s onto it yesterday, started playing them now and I can't find any streaming/radio options anywhere.. I thought I just can't locate them, but it might be the same problem. I can only play my files and nothing else, no suggestions, no radio, no mix, nothing.. :(
Please help, I was looking forward to this Nokia Music thing (used Spotify and Last.fm before), but it seems like yet another flop now..

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same problem with 810 as well. When I called Nokia Care, I got responses like 'reset your phone with a new MS account', which I tried but still couldn't get it working. When you install it, option comes and then once you click on it, errors out and option disappears now !!!

leeo

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am definitely going into the Nokia Music App, I did just put the music on straight from my PC rather than through Zune, not sure if this will make any difference?

ssapre, this seems to be the exact same problem that I am having.........

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have tried to search this problem but can't find any information anywhere. Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Basically I got my Lumia 920 last week and had a play around with Nokia Music and loved it. I then put all my music on my phone and the mix radio, store and gigs options have all disappeared. I have tried all the settings and also uninstalled and reinstalled. On a reinstall the options will flash up when I first install but will then disappear again. I don't get chance to use them. Anyone had anything similar.

Thanks guys.

What do you have set for your location/language? Is nokia music available to all countries?

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well the forum you've linked to suggests we should open a new Nokia account, but I don't want to loose the one I have.. btw, in the Nokia Music settings when I try to sign it I get the message "We can't get through. Sorry. There's a problem reaching the music service. Try again in a moment.". It's been like that since the first time I tried it (though the first time I opened Nokia Music it asked me if I want to log in with my Facebook account, I clicked yes).
And yes, it's Nokia Music, not Xbox Music.
Thanks

leeo

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
O.K finally got around to giving this a try and I have managed to get it working.

Firstly I didn't have a Nokia account set up. So I set up an account and it still didn't work. I then went into my PC to make sure I did have a Nokia account. I reset the password and therefore confirmed I had a Nokia account. I tried again and it still didn't work. I then went into nokia settings and noticed the password was longer than what my password was, I changed the password in Nokia settings which went through O.K. I then tried again and it still didn't work. I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled and now it is working.

If it isn't working my suggestion would be this:
1. Either create or confirm you have a Nokia account.
2. Check the password in the settings menu for your Nokia account.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope this helps some people because this really is a brillian app and definitely one of the major selling points for Nokia windows phones.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the info! I've unsinstalled Nokia Music as you suggested, but I have no idea how to install it back again! It doesn't show up on the Nokia collection list in the app store, nor does it appear after searching it.. what the heII?

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this is kind of unrelated, but I had a question for you guys. What is the point in Nokia music? I mean it plays music, and I can't seem to find any features that wow me. I just stick to my Zune music, and when I get my wp8 device, I will probably use Xbox music...

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The best feature of Nokia Music is that it is free and ad-free and it has offline supports. Once you have downloaded the music mixes, you can play them without using the data plan. Not everyone has unlimited data plan you know.

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's awesome! I couldn't find something cool like that at all. Glad I have a Nokia. And I don't have unlimited data either :/

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out!! :)
Turned out to be quite simple.. The app didn't show up in the Store and didn't work for me earlier due to my location settings (both on my phone and in my Nokia Account). Check the article here.

It turns out that for some unknown and stupid reasons (licencing? but why?) the service only works "in" selected countries, and since I had Belgium set as my location both on the phone and in my Nokia account settings the app didn't show up in the Store, and even though I had it preinstalled it wouldn't work (giving me the "We can't get through. Sorry." error when I tried to log in). Once I changed the location setting on the phone to UK the app magically appeared in the store (together with some other great apps, like CNN and SkyNews), so I installed it, and still didn't have the MixRadio etc options, but knowing what the problem was I logged into my Nokia account, change my location there to the UK too, and voila, the next time I opened Nokia Music everything was unlocked, all the mixed radios, saving offline etc, like magic :)

So now my questions are: why the heII would Nokia hide the service from users from some European countries? And why is the Lumia 920 advertised as with free Nokia Music service, if - even though I bought it legally from my carrier - it would not work, without ANY explanation message whatsoever? As I can see now it works perfectly fine in Belgium, the only problem was a stupid setting!! So WHY Nokia WHY??

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out!! :)
Turned out to be quite simple.. The app didn't show up in the Store and didn't work for me earlier due to my location settings (both on my phone and in my Nokia Account). Check the article here.

It turns out that for some unknown and stupid reasons (licencing? but why?) the service only works "in" selected countries, and since I had Belgium set as my location both on the phone and in my Nokia account settings the app didn't show up in the Store, and even though I had it preinstalled it wouldn't work (giving me the "We can't get through. Sorry." error when I tried to log in). Once I changed the location setting on the phone to UK the app magically appeared in the store (together with some other great apps, like CNN and SkyNews), so I installed it, and still didn't have the MixRadio etc options, but knowing what the problem was I logged into my Nokia account, change my location there to the UK too, and voila, the next time I opened Nokia Music everything was unlocked, all the mixed radios, saving offline etc, like magic :)

So now my questions are: why the heII would Nokia hide the service from users from some European countries? And why is the Lumia 920 advertised as with free Nokia Music service, if - even though I bought it legally from my carrier - it would not work, without ANY explanation message whatsoever? As I can see now it works perfectly fine in Belgium, the only problem was a stupid setting!! So WHY Nokia WHY??

Yeah, I pretty much said that a week or more ago in this thread, asking you what you had for your location/language.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I pretty much said that a week or more ago in this thread, asking you what you had for your location/language.

Yeah, but apparently noone caught it.. :) And you didn't know which counties it was limited to either.. The link to Nokia's support site explains it all really. Though I still think the licencing limitations (and the way they are enforced here) are absurd...

candice smit

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: where do i find my lumia 900 radio pls

This phone has such alot of stuff but why can't I find the radio. Don't tell me there is no radio.:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb