Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I was told if I turn data on then it shows up but it's not working for me. I get tons of missed calls throughout the day and it's so annoying having to call voicemail to check everytime.

I thought that was intended. I don't like it either but I don't get an icon indicating I have voice mails either (AT&T visual voice mail enabled).

You should get the tape icon if you have visual *or* carrier voicemail (cassette tape? really? in 2013?) - if you have visual voicemail you will also have the vm available on device. You have to be provisioned for VVM and your carrier has to support it. Call your carrier to verify you are provisioned (or verify they don't support it)

Nimdock you should call into AT&T and verify you are provisioned correctly. Not getting the icon on AT&T indicates you're not provisioned right.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    There is the voicemail icon at the bottom of the screen that identifies when you have a message or not. This is how it looks on my phone. You can see the icon before and after.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...HGIzTpy6IlP5rM

Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    Nimdock you should call into AT&T and verify you are provisioned correctly. Not getting the icon on AT&T indicates you're not provisioned right.
    Interesting. Since it is my first time with visual voice mail I just thought that's how it worked. I will definitely give them a call then. Thank you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    There is the voicemail icon at the bottom of the screen that identifies when you have a message or not. This is how it looks on my phone. You can see the icon before and after.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...HGIzTpy6IlP5rM
    Do you have visual voice mail? From your screen shot it does not appear to be the case.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
    Do you have visual voice mail? From your screen shot it does not appear to be the case.
    No. Did not know you were talking about visual voicemail. You should have specified. My bad

Ah, to be fair it looks like to OP was referring to regular voice mail and I am the one that meant visual voice mail. Sorry about that.