Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

My post above was drafted before ynight's post, but I went to eat dinner, then finished writing it. Didn't realize he had answered.

If the real cost per month is only about $30, **** even $35, that seems like a screaming deal, and a no brainer. That must also mean CM is HEAVILY subsidizing it.
    a5cent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximW97 View Post

What do Chinese consumers think about the Apple brand?

Fashion, luxury, but fading. We cannot maximize the iPhone experience in China due to lack of LTE, Google, Pandora, Facebook.. you name it. Data plans are very expensive too. So most people just use iPhone to play games and tweet (Chinese style, called Weibo), which WP totally can do.

What do Chinese consumers think about the Nokia brand?

Didn't it go bankruptcy or something?

What do Chinese consumers think about the HTC brand?

Exclusively for people who wants smartphones but cannot afford them.a

What do Chinese consumers think about Huwai and ZTE, particularly in comparison to Nokia?

NOBODY BUYS HUAWEI OR ZTE IN CHINA. At a slightly higher price you can get HTC, which sounds much younger.

Is China really such an important market for WP8, considering the price for a WP8 smartphone, even the cheapest ones, likely cost half a months income? If so, why?

I would say so. iPhone are not as wanted as before. As I said, we cannot get the most from iPhone in China. What drove people to buy iPhone are 1) the brand 2) the design, both of which are not as good today. And more people use Windows than Mac in China, because Mac is much more expensive than iPhone (duh), and many young people loves online games, which Mac can not suppor/handle. Nokia should really take the chance, price 920 correctly so more people, especially students, can buy it, and it will be a success.

MaximW97, are these your opinions or are they from a website or something?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    My post above was drafted before ynight's post, but I went to eat dinner, then finished writing it. Didn't realize he had answered.

If the real cost per month is only about $30, **** even $35, that seems like a screaming deal, and a no brainer. That must also mean CM is HEAVILY subsidizing it.
    A screaming buy for whoever thinks the 920 is worthwhile. Compared to the rest of the world, I mean I paid 70 a month for a quite limited plan(**** I only have 200m data) to get this...a comparable plan of the 380 would easily cost over 130$ at At&t..

Sent from Lumia 920
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeWaah View Post
    Certainly, someone would be crazy to pay an extra 148% for no reason. But people do that all the time all over the world. Why? So they can have what they want now, not later.
    There are cultural differences though. Buying consumer goods on credit is completely normal behaviour in the U.S. In Europe that is far less so, as buying on credit is somewhat frown upon. Average household savings are also much higher in Europe. From what I've heard, the Chinese stash away an even larger percentage of their monthly income than the Europeans do. So, if I had to venture a guess, I would say such 148% deals are likely of less interest to the average consumer in China than in the U.S. Like I said... only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    im now seriously thinking of getting some from china, dump the plan to friends and family, sell the 920s to Europe...
    No matter how big your family is, you would soon run out of family members to dump carrier plans onto!

But seriously, that deal sounds almost too good to be true. $30 over 24 months means they end up paying $720 over two years. Depending on how you look at it, they are either getting an unlimited everything plan over two years at $5 a month, or a Lumia T920 for about $120.-

If you find a way to get those T920's straight from the factory, and you need a distributor in central Europe, let me know (assuming international ROM's can be flashed)
    Last edited by a5cent; 12-20-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    And the phone has a better chip, comes unlocked....
    I feel someone should add all these following up discussion into the main post as these are really informative as well..

Sent from Lumia 920
    a5cent likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    And the phone has a better chip, comes unlocked....
    I feel someone should add all these following up discussion into the main post as these are really informative as well.
    Go for it, you are the OP.
    As if China mobile wasn't already enough, they apparently aren't the only ones subsidizing the Lumia 920 in China.

Nokia in China is looking better and better every day.

Yeah, thanks for posting that a5cent. I saw it earlier too, great news for Nokia. The stock has been holding very strong at $4.00 too.

Came across this the other day:
    Nokia Siemens Networks Enables Live TV broadcast in China Mobile's TD-LTE Network | LteWorld

What do you guys think? Seems like Nokia is doing a lot of demonstrations regarding their network building capacities to me.
    Thanked by:
    a5cent 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123