Soft Focus Issue: Poor quality of distant objects and scenery

anon(5468609)

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 which I tested against the 920, Seems in daylight the 920 turns out a soft picture and does not actually render the picture as you see on the screen. you can actually see it change to a softer pic as it saves and scrolls left. iPhone 5 on the other hand saves the pic correctly. Indoor and night time pics are better on the Lumia 920. Which produces a lot less noise but still soft but very acceptable. IPhone 5 seems to produce pics a tad sharper indoors but produces a lot of noise which does not look very good. Creative studio fixes the issue by bumping up the clarity. but Nokia needs to push out a software update to remedy the issue of saving the pics incorrectly.

My previous device was an iPhone 4s, and it takes crisp and accurate photos of scenery where as my new 920 (which I love) takes terrible photos as robbymobby describes.

This is exactly what many people are reporting. Is there any news as to what is being done about this?
Did we all get shafted, or is this simply a huge oversight by Nokia?

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My previous device was an iPhone 4s, and it takes crisp and accurate photos of scenery where as my new 920 (which I love) takes terrible photos as robbymobby describes.

This is exactly what many people are reporting. Is there any news as to what is being done about this?
Did we all get shafted, or is this simply a huge oversight by Nokia?

electricessence, can I ask you, why did you switch to WP8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos