Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hello WPCentral.

I should be expecting my Lumia 920 to arrive soon, but I'm not sure if it's going to come with a US compatible charger. If it doesn't, I have two other USB wall chargers, and I was wondering if they would mess up the battery/make its performance worse by using them? They both read the following:

Input: 100-240V~50/60 Hz 0.3A
    Output: 5v = 1A

Or do you guys think it would just be better to buy an international to US plug adapter thing? Also, when I get my 920, is it recommended that I fully charge the battery before using it, or is that not necessary? Thanks!

Edit: I do plan on ordering two wireless charging plates to hopefully get rid of the need for a wired charger, but until I do I'd need a wired charger and it can't hurt to have one as back up.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I've used mine with multiple chargers at different outputs and it seems to work fine on all of them :)

USB is standardized so any USB charger will work, ok the iPad has a weird middle pin voltage to allow fast charging but still even the iPad can charge with any USB charger. I doubt a lower power device like a phone would even have anything like that.

That charger will work no problems. It will however be slower than the charger provided by nokia. The included charger is rated at 1.3 amp.

I just bought a couple of these from amazon. I haven't rec'd them yet but they are 1.2A which is a bit better and closer to OEM