Getting help from Stephen Elop

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I read that few of forums members mailed to Stephen Elop with their problems regarding Lumia 920 and his team was very helpful, phones were replaced etc. I also have issues with my L920 - stains on polycarbonate and dust under FFC, repair center refused to replace phone/chassis because for them there aren't any blotches. dust under FFC was cleaned but phone returned to me with scratch on the screen and loose internals(battery presumably). I mailed Stephen and he replied that he is sorry about what happened and will ask his team to assist, there was Alf Noto in CC of this mail. . It was two days ago. Now I'm still waiting for reply, for anything. What it looked like in your cases? How long it took for them to reply, how whole procedure looked like?

Attachments

• WP_000124.jpg
    WP_000124.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 5
  • WP_000126.jpg
    WP_000126.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_000121.jpg
    WP_000121.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Mirachen

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wrote to him several days before, he replied later that day. But when it comes to the real help, I am sorry I do not know either. Sorry to hear thebad news, hope your issue get resolved soon.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I had real problems with my Lumia 920. The 2 main problems were a hypersensitive proximity sensor and cracking sounds along the phone's top side. I had several frustrating phone calls, chats and email correspondence thorugh Nokia Care before I decided to email him directly as well.

He (probably some assistant) replied the same way he did to you, with the same guy copied in. The next day I had a phone call from the head of Nokia Care for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. He said my email had gone through about 20 offices, and he would help me to get things sorted. After explaining the situation, he told me that I should have sent it in to the repair service, and considering the problem they would have likely given me a new device, but it seemed to never have been communicated to me properly.

Anyway, he arranged a new phone for me, which I had 3 days later with the paperwork to send my old phone in. He even called up twice to follow up on everything. Sent my old phone in, no response since then. It all seems to have gone quite smoothly.

Give it another day or 2 before following up.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I had real problems with my Lumia 920. The 2 main problems were a hypersensitive proximity sensor and cracking sounds along the phone's top side. I had several frustrating phone calls, chats and email correspondence thorugh Nokia Care before I decided to email him directly as well.

He (probably some assistant) replied the same way he did to you, with the same guy copied in. The next day I had a phone call from the head of Nokia Care for Germany, Switzerland and Austria. He said my email had gone through about 20 offices, and he would help me to get things sorted. After explaining the situation, he told me that I should have sent it in to the repair service, and considering the problem they would have likely given me a new device, but it seemed to never have been communicated to me properly.

Anyway, he arranged a new phone for me, which I had 3 days later with the paperwork to send my old phone in. He even called up twice to follow up on everything. Sent my old phone in, no response since then. It all seems to have gone quite smoothly.

Give it another day or 2 before following up.

"Nokia Care".. don't even try saying it again

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Alf Noto mailed me yesterday asking what country I'm living in. After my reply, I received a mail from Care Manager who also said how he is sorry etc. and promised to exchange my defective unit with new one. I asked if they could swap my black lumia for red one and he said that if red is in stock that's ok. I'm really amazed that Stephen(or his assistants) treat every case individually and really serious. Oh, if you want to contact Stephen - google his mail.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder whether he is really answering these. It would be strange if he is. In saying that, if there are really WIDESPREAD quality issues, at least he's aware :)

Spdracer

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You were lucky. I've been trying to deal with Nokia Care since about Nov. 14th. I've emailed Elop and received the same canned response each time. Nokia Care made promises to fix/replace my phones so I didn't return them. Received a couple emails from them the first week and nothing since even though I've emailed them several times. Nokia Care sucks, the phones suck, but WP8 is great. I'm stuck with them now since its way past the 14 day return window. Hope the promise they gave you is better than the promise they gave me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077