Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    All I can say is, iPhone 5 DOES NOT dictate when we need what technology. This shows that Apple's statement saying "The world isn't ready for NFC yet" - means nothing.

London buses go live with NFC card payment options - IT News from V3.co.uk

iPhone 5 owners can wait till iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 before they can do what my Yellow Lumia 920 will do NOW.

Really? I didn't think the windows phone 8 NFC was ready for payment until secure sim cards are ready. I am all a bit confused with how it all works tbh.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I can't set up NFC tags for nothing! Rats!
  4.    #4  
    I'm not entirely sure "how" this will work, but BBC reports smartphones with NFC will work.

I would say to be sure first time going make sure you got spare change ready in case it does not work.
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    All I can say is, iPhone 5 DOES NOT dictate when we need what technology. This shows that Apple's statement saying "The world isn't ready for NFC yet" - means nothing.

London buses go live with NFC card payment options - IT News from V3.co.uk

iPhone 5 owners can wait till iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 before they can do what my Yellow Lumia 920 will do NOW.
    The Lumia 920 is an EE UK exclusive and currently they do not provide a secure sim for the Lumia. So your NFC Lumia is as useless right now as the iPhone.

This is exactly why Apple holds off from supporting new technologies - they wait for the adoption to spread and then swoop in and take all the laurels.
    Last edited by StevesBalls; 12-13-2012 at 09:26 AM.

I sure hope EE/Orange/T-Mobile star using secure sim cards soon or i will be dissapointed

There is a joint venture between Orange, Vodafone & O2 to bring NFC payments to the UK.