Touch screen problem when charging

Juanju Cm

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

Please can you check that your touch screen works well while you have the phone plugged and charging??

I have a terrible user experience... but unplugged woks perfectly :eck::eck::eck:

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

Please can you check that your touch screen works well while you have the phone plugged and charging??

I have a terrible user experience... but unplugged woks perfectly :eck::eck::eck:

I have no issue, whatsoever with the touch screen while my phone is on the wireless charger or plugged in to the wall outlet.

Mantikos

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The issue is caused by improper grounding - I've had it in the past and read about it.
Switch charger and cable and that will solve the issue.

fsweb2011

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
thank God for this forum....this has happened to me twice already..I was freaking out, as I thought there was something wrong with my L920.
Question, can I use another charger, eg Blackberry's ?? I've connected it, it is recharging and doesn't seem to have the touch screen problem, however I am worried it will damage the unit.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
it also depends on what kind of outlet you plug your charger into. on a power strip, my screen doesnt work. plugged into the wall and or extension cord it works great. i really dont understand its weird. no other phone i have had has done this before

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used to have that issue with my Zune HD if I used an off brand charger and not the Microsoft charger, so yes, chargers can cause touch issues. I have been using my Samsung Focus chager on my 920 since day one without any issues.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It could be the wall charger you are using!!!

I was using a generic wall charger that was a knock off clone of the stock Apple iPhone charger at work... when I would plug my L900 in, keys would double type and/or it would register the key next to the one I pressed. Also, when trying to scroll through a web page, the phone would act as though I had 2 fingers on it and it would zoom in/out. I tried a different cable between the charger and phone, but same issue... I then used a different charger, from my Pre, and all of a sudden the issues went away. Apparently, there was an issue with that charger and the 900 as that charger seemed to work OK with my iPhone and even my old Pre!

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue also but I believe my issue is with the line going to the outlet itself because I can use the exact same charger elsewhere and have no issues. Some day I will have to figure out the path back to the breaker and check every socket on the way.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Very strange, I just logged on to post abut this. All of a sudden my screen is nigh on unresponsive whilst charging. I am using the Nokia charger that came with the phone, have been using it for a couple of weeks no issues, ran 4 updates an hour ago and now getting this problem, I'm not convinced it is the outlet. Why would it just start now?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's the outlet or charger either. I'm using my Nokia N9 charger next to my bed,... sometimes I use it fine while plugged in and sometimes it's not... more often it works than it doesn't work properly.

fsweb2011

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used two different wall outlets, and both cause the same problem. I use a BlackBerry power adapter in same outlets, and L920 charges and screen works fine.
I plug the L920 with USB cable to my PC and runs fine too....as soon as I use the EU adapter, again I get the problem. (I bought my L920 from UK, different plug, so they sent me an EU plug as well).

So I think it is quite obvious the problem is the power adapter

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
As we are talking chargers, could I use a blackberry charger OK wth the 920, I notice it is a 750 rather than 1000 mah output, I presume that means it will just take a bit longer to charge, I presume it would not damage the phone? If so I will use that and see if the problem persists.

Juanju Cm

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've used two different wall outlets, and both cause the same problem. I use a BlackBerry power adapter in same outlets, and L920 charges and screen works fine.
I plug the L920 with USB cable to my PC and runs fine too....as soon as I use the EU adapter, again I get the problem. (I bought my L920 from UK, different plug, so they sent me an EU plug as well).

So I think it is quite obvious the problem is the power adapter

Exactly.

fixed right now :)

Thanks a lot !!

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
sorry for bumping this thread.

but has anyone tried reaching out to nokia regarding this?

It's not nokias fault. Use the cables that came with the phone (or other high quality cables) and you wont have any problems.
I only experience it when i use some of the cables i bought off ebay.

dj0502

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not nokias fault. Use the cables that came with the phone (or other high quality cables) and you wont have any problems.
I only experience it when i use some of the cables i bought off ebay.

I experience those using the charger and cable that comes with the phone.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I use all sorts of sockets, cables and USB extension cables. I charge it off the wall, from laptops and power banks... Didn't experience any problem except on the traveller's electrical adaptor...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3