Gmail - Delete NOT deleting

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Noticed after I delete an email in WP8 Gmail app....when I log into Gmail on the web the deleted items appear in my gmail folder ...instead of in the deleted folder? Annoying.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Thanks

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Noticed after I delete an email in WP8 Gmail app....when I log into Gmail on the web the deleted items appear in my gmail folder ...instead of in the deleted folder? Annoying.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Thanks

i had this same issue on my android device. it only gets rid of it in your phone but inside your actually email from the site it doesnt move it to the delete folder. i think the apps dont have sufficient permission to actually delete it from your email.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Try refreshing your inbox on your phone after you delete the email. I've noticed the same thing. For some reason when you delete an email it is not re-syncing with your normal inbox..

So sync your emails. Delete from phone. Sync phone again. Should fix it

joshingyou

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just trying to set it up at m.google.com/sync on my phone and for some reason IE10 just automatically takes me to a desktop version (more like a help portal). Don't know how to fix it since I do set IE10 to request "mobile version". I was able to do it 3 weeks ago but now I can't. Help!

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was just trying to set it up at m.google.com/sync on my phone and for some reason IE10 just automatically takes me to a desktop version (more like a help portal). Don't know how to fix it since I do set IE10 to request "mobile version". I was able to do it 3 weeks ago but now I can't. Help!

gettin the same thing. have browser set to go to mobile version but it still takes you to google.com/sync not the mobile version. and there is no option to sign in from that page. and if you select sync with a mobile device, it takes you to a dead end for windows mobile. no option to select your wp8 device.

EDIT: i was able to do the exchange email option and i sent myself a test email. deleted it from my phone and checked my email on google's site and the email is still in my inbox on the site.

Last edited:

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got mine set up as an exchange email and if I do a sync AFTER deleting the emails it'll then sync with the website.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
but it moves them to archive, not trash, unless you changed the sync setting as described above.

Oh right, I see what you mean. Well I can't access m.google.com/sync like in the tutorials I've seen so I don't know how to go about fixing it now. Atleast the deleted emails stay out of the inbox.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks fellas!
Logged into Gmail in desktop browser and changed imap settings to "client" controlled options.

Now I delete messages from phone, and they are moved to trash on google server.

Nice. No more deleting messages twice. Not for Gmail or office Exchange account.

This phone is just getting better everyday.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried changing the settings mentioned in the link evilbadger shared but I still see the emails that I deleted on my 920, on my laptop.
As to how I was able to access the m.google.com page, here's what I did:
1. Opened IE10 on my laptop.
2. Alt+T-> F12 developer tools.
3. In the new window that pops up, click tools->change user agent string and select Apple Safari (IpAD).
4. Went to "https://m.google.com/sync/settings/" exactly (without double quotes of course), and it opened the correct mobile version of the page. Signed into my Google account
5. I selected Windows Phone and selected the box adjacent to "Enable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device." and saved these settings.

Even after I do this, emails deleted on my Lumia 920 still show up in my Gmail inbox on my laptop.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google wants you to "archive" your mail so that it can continue scraping your personal data and build a detailed profile of you. Are you *sure* you want Google getting that info?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
After deleting email on phone, I had to refresh the Gmail webpage to see the changes. And I set "to trash". Not archive.

By the way, I didn't use link above. I simply loaded full version of Gmail. Then chose options. Then imap settings. (not windows phone specifically)

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That probably because you have it set for manual sync. After you delete them on your phone just hit the refresh button and it will delete them off of google

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think google changed something with the workaround to set up calendars cause I can't get there anymore without it redirecting back to Google Sync

I wanted to double check my delete email setting and I can't! I don't have an IE10 machine around to try yet.... So glad I got my calendars selected properly right away cause now I can't change them :D

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Google Apps (any edition) the setting to actually delete and not archive can be set in administrator's console for all users.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
hmmm so I'm going through the set up process for business and only apps account works right? Not my primary regular gmail account? Like I don't want to go through the whole set up process only to find I can't modify the settings of my gmail account because it's not an Apps account.

applekid

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello all - I'd like to register the same issue. I've attempted using a browser user-agent switcher to access the mobile version of the sync website from my desktop with no success. I have no success on my phone, either.

I'm still experiencing issues where my inbox is not being synced back up to Gmail after reading/deleting messages on the phone. I understand that you can do this manually by hitting the ActiveSync button, but practically speaking we shouldn't have to do this.

Has anyone else had success or learned anything new about this issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb