Gmail - Delete NOT deleting

PhilS_UK

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Have tried all of the above...nothing fixed it. Think answer should lay in Gmail IMAP/POP3settings, though why iPhone/Android works fine I don't know.

applekid

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Gmail fixed it. Now emails can be deleted properly since it's now called trash rather than deleted items.

Hello Cami, I have to say I don't believe this has been resolved. I've also noticed that this is the case for my Exchange account. Only when you manually activate the sync (or wait 1 hour) does it actually sync up. I have everything set to work "as it happens," but that doesn't seem to make any difference. If this is working properly for you now, do you mind sharing your settings and a brief explanation of how you confirmed it is working properly?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Cami, I have to say I don't believe this has been resolved. I've also noticed that this is the case for my Exchange account. Only when you manually activate the sync (or wait 1 hour) does it actually sync up. I have everything set to work "as it happens," but that doesn't seem to make any difference. If this is working properly for you now, do you mind sharing your settings and a brief explanation of how you confirmed it is working properly?
I was trying to sync my Gmail account with the Google calendar, and the Gmail unlinked from all of the linked inboxes. Then, I looked in the Gmail and noticed that the trash was there instead of deleted items. I wish I could help, but it just worked for me. :(

halocameo

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks fellas!
Logged into Gmail in desktop browser and changed imap settings to "client" controlled options.

Now I delete messages from phone, and they are moved to trash on google server.

Nice. No more deleting messages twice. Not for Gmail or office Exchange account.

This phone is just getting better everyday.

Where do you see the option to have "client" controlled IMAP settings - I do not see it in my gmail account on the web?

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
xyn19, you're a life saver. I had previously used m.google.com/sync, but then my phone died and I had to get it replaced, and when I got my new phone that URL was no longer available.

This worked beautifully. Many thanks again.

tdboisen

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been trying to get it to work but when I go to link posted above on my phone, the only device I can see is my iPad... do any of you know how to get my new Nokia 925 to show up there?

Many thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa