New version of metrotalk burning through battery??

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me start out by stating that the only thing that has changed on my 920 is that I updated metrotalk to version 3 last night. I started it up and ran the initial configuration along with making some calls. It was pinned to my started menu. After that I put it on the charger for the night. This morning at 6:30 am I took it off the charger and it was at 100% charge. Metrotalk was of course running in the background still. By 8am (yes) the battery was down to 65%. After seeing that I killed anything that was running and decided to remove metrotalk (knowing that that was the only thing that was different). By 7pm tonight I have only dropped another 20% battery and that is with a full days usage out of it.

Anyone else see this??

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Let me start out by stating that the only thing that has changed on my 920 is that I updated metrotalk to version 3 last night. I started it up and ran the initial configuration along with making some calls. It was pinned to my started menu. After that I put it on the charger for the night. This morning at 6:30 am I took it off the charger and it was at 100% charge. Metrotalk was of course running in the background still. By 8am (yes) the battery was down to 65%. After seeing that I killed anything that was running and decided to remove metrotalk (knowing that that was the only thing that was different). By 7pm tonight I have only dropped another 20% battery and that is with a full days usage out of it.

Anyone else see this??
Dev here. Honestly, nothing has changed that could cause this. The core functionality (i.e. connecting to Google, using the network, etc) is the same, the background agent code wasn't even touched, and as always on the WP platform, the app is not running in the background when not active (it's actually suspended by the operating system). I would love to hear if you find out something more about this, but so far, it doesn't seem there is an issue with the app. This is also the first report I see about this.

cruzcat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Dev here. Honestly, nothing has changed that could cause this. The core functionality (i.e. connecting to Google, using the network, etc) is the same, the background agent code wasn't even touched, and as always on the WP platform, the app is not running in the background when not active (it's actually suspended by the operating system). I would love to hear if you find out something more about this, but so far, it doesn't seem there is an issue with the app. This is also the first report I see about this.

I use Metrotalk quite regularly and Google Voice as my primary texting service and havent noticed anything unusual in the battery dept since the update. I use push notifications instead of polling.
For me Skype was the main culprit and after uninstalling it my battery lasts a day and half with normal usage.

Apoelin. Tks for all your work. The two things that was keeping me from moving from Android was Google Voice and Maps. Metrotalk fills in the void really well and hopefully Nokia Maps and Drive will get better over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3