Lumia 920 India Confirmation

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Not too sure if i'm really worried about the LTE thing. Even if it gets launched/implemented properly in India in 2013; it would be very expensive! I would right now want 3G at really really cheap prices.
Moreover, I guess i'd be looking for a new phone after using Lumia for a year and a half

Also, i read at some other forum Jan 3rd is the day for Lumia India launch. In all sanity, Nokia has to price it below SIII and I hope they do.

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Not too sure if i'm really worried about the LTE thing. Even if it gets launched/implemented properly in India in 2013; it would be very expensive! I would right now want 3G at really really cheap prices.
Moreover, I guess i'd be looking for a new phone after using Lumia for a year and a half

Also, i read at some other forum Jan 3rd is the day for Lumia India launch. In all sanity, Nokia has to price it below SIII and I hope they do.

I went to Reliance Digital, In-orbit mall, Hyderabad and the sales rep took my number and said he is going to call me when they get the stock. He told me that the tentative release data is Jan 4th and told me M.R.P price would be 45000 rupees.

He also told me to minus 5k to 6k from M.R.P price..So final price would be 38K to 39K. Do you guys think it is really value for money at that price? Nokia should price L920 below 35000 for sure in my opinion.

Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I went to Reliance Digital, In-orbit mall, Hyderabad and the sales rep took my number and said he is going to call me when they get the stock. He told me that the tentative release data is Jan 4th and told me M.R.P price would be 45000 rupees.

He also told me to minus 5k to 6k from M.R.P price..So final price would be 38K to 39K. Do you guys think it is really value for money at that price? Nokia should price L920 below 35000 for sure in my opinion.

That's BS IMHO. Nokia Priority Dealer's quote a price of about 38K and that's where the phone would be most expensive!
In any case, i think Nokia has been in India for long enough to know that they would not be able to sell Lumia 920 at any price over 35K.

Heck, even i wouldn't buy it at that price even though i have been waiting for almost 4 months now! If it is priced anyway over 35K i'll wait till feb for the prices to come down.
Moreover, L800 is now available at 18K so L920 should be priced keeping this in mind.

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
That's BS IMHO. Nokia Priority Dealer's quote a price of about 38K and that's where the phone would be most expensive!
In any case, i think Nokia has been in India for long enough to know that they would not be able to sell Lumia 920 at any price over 35K.

Heck, even i wouldn't buy it at that price even though i have been waiting for almost 4 months now! If it is priced anyway over 35K i'll wait till feb for the prices to come down.
Moreover, L800 is now available at 18K so L920 should be priced keeping this in mind.

Ditto. I have been waiting for this phone from September 2012. You never know about Nokia India pricing.. They nicely screwed it up with L900 and I hope they will not do the same with L920. I will book it on the first day if the price is below /equal to 31000

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

That's really horrible news... I won't be buying 920 if it's priced above 33k. Will be switching to 620 and save up for next gen Lumia flagship.

Anyway I've got a feeling that launch of 920 might be delayed. On the Nokia India site they are now featuring Asha series! I honestly think that L920 is delayed to a further date. ****, I'm all a Nokia fan but getting really angry because of them ignoring India. We've been their last resort in their bad days and we get this. I feel like I'd lose loyalty to Nokia if they don't launch phone in first week of January, or price it like pussies as they've done in the past, we all know.

Nokia, you got to be careful this time.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Price of 920 will not be more than 40k. Read the Mobigyan interview with Windows Phone India head. He clearly said our phones range from below 10k to 40k. So expect to be lower than that. And if That Theminimall.com.'s B2B shop is real and price of 920 on b2b is 29k, then its real price will be lower than 36k for sure....

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
To be very very honest, pricing a phone that is still catching up and has some severe shortage in the app dept. shouldn't be more than 30-32k. I said this before and saying it again, its NOT an iPhone.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
To be very very honest, pricing a phone that is still catching up and has some severe shortage in the app dept. shouldn't be more than 30-32k. I said this before and saying it again, its NOT an iPhone.

I dont know why people compare everything to an iphone! Agreed the iphone 4 was amazing but after that everything was the same with minor changes....43K tag is not justified! and please dont talk abt the amount of apps available coz no one uses 80% of whats available in the app store....According to me people who buy overpriced iphone 5 are sheeps!

Lakshman Guntu

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I dont know why people compare everything to an iphone! Agreed the iphone 4 was amazing but after that everything was the same with minor changes....43K tag is not justified! and please dont talk abt the amount of apps available coz no one uses 80% of whats available in the app store....According to me people who buy overpriced iphone 5 are sheeps!

+1 to that. @RaZr , Tell me whats innovate in iPhone 5 when compared to iPhone 4 or to any other high end smartphone for that matter.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I meant the quality of everything. I too was an Apple hater once. Why? Pricing. But u know what they say right, "You get what you pay for." Just bought the Mini(lowest end version and believe me, it is miles better than any Android tablet out there. & I am not alone...practically every review of any smart device today compares it to one Apple product at least once.
"Can't beat the iPhone" "better than the iPad?" Apple is a yardstick of quality. If u don't accept that, you are probably living under a cave.

On the other hand, hating Apple for pricing a phone at 45k is fair. But if Nokia does the same thing? In spite of shortcomings, it is priced right next to the iDevice. And if you carefully read, you will see, I said "For a phone that lacks in the app dept."
Wouldn't u agree that?

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I watch todays episode of tech guru. It was most dumb ass episode of any tech show I hv ever seen. Ankit, the ******* host was saying **** about windows phone.
Remember I told about it that in an episode they say no to buy WP products, and given no reason. And today after 4 weeks, they explained why. What he said is, WP is unstable compared to even 2.x version of android, there is a huge shortage of apps, it do not hv instagram, flpbrd and whatsapp came JUST NOW and experience is not justified compared to on android, All the windows phone he tested were heating too much, apps were not running smoothly, and crashing too much! He is saying no to purchase any windows phone in Dec or Jan beck, THEY GIVE SUGGESTIONS ONLY ON CURRENT CONDITION OF PLATFORM (that means they do not include future possibilities of os in suggesting). They do not suggest any phones whoes mentors say updates and apps are still to come!!!
I am writing it here to tell U guys that please go to their fb page, twitter, and everywhere and correct them, or better say, unki jaake udao and tell them to apologies on that show only for spreading wrong info just for sake of personal hates towards this is.
Many people watch this show, and this type of act creates wrong image on them.
here is the episode link if U wanna watch http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Dn6-UfY9MyI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss