Lumia 920 India Confirmation

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

After repetitive emails to Nokia Customer care I finally received a call from them stating that Lumia 920 & 820 launch in India is now confirmed in the 1st week of January. Prices are yet to be confirmed. They will call again to let me know the prices. I will post it here, once I get a call from them.

Thanks.

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Chatted with Nokia rep. He also said that 1st Week of Jan.
Though, he said that all the 3 models will be launched together.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think Nokia will be shipping less than the actual demand of 920 in India as well to get sold out?

If yes, some of us desperate souls have to rush in then :wink:

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I had this information from the chat executives as early as 4th December. At that time, they said 'It will be launched in the first week of Jan2013' - 920 that is. I never took them seriously because i had got same kind of replies during 710. Yes, on price front, the Mumbai (Borivli suburb) Priority Partner told me that it will be priced at 36,999/-.Interesting thing is that Lumia 610 was priced at 12,999/- which the same exec had told me.I had bought the 610 for my sister from ALFA store (Mumbai people shud know this) two days after the launch at 11,250/- and at a retailer ZOOP in Charni Road it was available for 11,000/-So before blindly buying it for the launch price on the launch day itself, i would suggest people to buy from such retailers after a few days..

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Damn, guide me on this dear Indian people... Should I spend 35,000 INR on the 920? I want all the awesomeness but as you might know we don't have that super-fast LTE network, and also no fast (or cost effective) 3G network. As far as the video recording is concerned I don't wanna record marriage ceremonies with this. Awesome concerts are rare for us.

My basic question is, how much we can utilize the potential of 920, in India that is. This question's been bothering me. Let me know your opinions and I might jump to grab one as soon as it becomes available. Otherwise, 620 :)

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the lack of LTE really sucks, and so does does the 3G situation.. cos even in airtel sometimes its damn slow... but I'll be getting it just cos I love Windows Phone and the screen just rocks :) 620 is a good phone too :)

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I can understand your concern.

Max speed I got on 3G here on Airtel is 5-6 Mbps. Many phones support atleast 14 Mbps.

On camera front, it you will certainly find Lumia 920 useful on some occasions but if again, if you are hardly going to get most out of it, you are not utilizing Lumia 920's potential.

Display is absolutely great from what I have seen in videos and reviews along with great build quality and Nokia specific apps like truly offline free voice guided navigation. And WP8 user experience should be top notch, from my experience of owning WP 7.5 device for 8 months.

I do think this is worth of 35K+ but if you don't think so and still don't want to compromise on WP8 and Nokia goodies then look nowhere but Lumia 820.

Again, you will have to consider price difference between those phones to see if 820 too is worth of its price (I assume its gonna be around 27K).

EISENbricher

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
IMO 32-34k is justifiable for lumia 920. HTC is higly over-priced at 35k.
I agree. I am not expecting more than 35k. May it be on or off contract, US people are getting 920 so cheap and easy.

Yeah, the lack of LTE really sucks, and so does does the 3G situation.. cos even in airtel sometimes its damn slow... but I'll be getting it just cos I love Windows Phone and the screen just rocks :) 620 is a good phone too :)
I don't want LTE anyway since it's very battery hungry. But of course I want cheaper and fast 3G plans. I have used Vodaphone 3G in Mumbai and got blazing fast results.
Oh yeah, certainly 620 is cool. I can buy three 620 for my family if I manage to hold my lust for the 920.
I can understand your concern.

Max speed I got on 3G here on Airtel is 5-6 Mbps. Many phones support atleast 14 Mbps.

On camera front, it you will certainly find Lumia 920 useful on some occasions but if again, if you are hardly going to get most out of it, you are not utilizing Lumia 920's potential.

Display is absolutely great from what I have seen in videos and reviews along with great build quality and Nokia specific apps like truly offline free voice guided navigation. And WP8 user experience should be top notch, from my experience of owning WP 7.5 device for 8 months.

I do think this is worth of 35K+ but if you don't think so and still don't want to compromise on WP8 and Nokia goodies then look nowhere but Lumia 820.

Again, you will have to consider price difference between those phones to see if 820 too is worth of its price (I assume its gonna be around 27K).
Let me imagine myself getting a 920. First of all I see myself snapping some pics.. in the light, in the dark. Some vids.. mostly from Train or bus journeys and touting among friends.
Then after some time I'll just continue using it for the same purposes for which I'm currently using my E5 for. That is, music most of the time, reading News. Yeah news sites are my daily news papers. Will subscribe to some feeds. In addition I'll be using L920 for recording me playing my guitar <3 and for watching vids. Watching vids will be a true joy I'm sure about that.

920 will be a true attention grabber for people around. lol I'll stop my rant here.

chems_torque

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i hope nokia puts the pricing of the 920 below the s3 and other models. Its very cheap in the US even without a contract. I hope they give Indians the same treatment too. Many people are waiting for it to be available in the market.
IMO 920 should be made available for 30-33k , 820 for 22-25k and 620 for 15k. Nokia could surely win their hearts back.

rupanidm

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have used Vodaphone 3G in Mumbai and got blazing fast results.
As far as 3G is concerned i feel Reliance GSM is the best in Mumbai. But it's great only if u r using at one place, not great while moving/traveling. Network breaks badly every few minutes. But once u find a stable place to surf, none can beat the speeds it can achieve.3G rates are almost the same across all operators. Rs.100 for 300MB :-/ and for a 1GB pack u need to pay Rs.250I am on Airtel Rs.152 plan which offers first 500MB at 3G speeds and the next 500MB at 2G speeds. This plan is only available on Airtel and i guess only thru airtel.in/help portal. The speed i get is satisfactory and most of the time ranges between 5-7MBPS.On my Lumia 710.

iamSherlocked

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Launch and available are diff things!

Guys, i guess the chat assistant used the words "will be launched" and you guys should know what that means. 920 will still come late arnd 15th jan. As said by my local priority dealer guy.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned about listening music...

According to GSMArena, this phone doesn't have a good sound output (and am not talking about external speaker)... If that's true, an audiophile might not be very happy with this phone..

I have read various reviews of L920, but rarely does someone detail it as GSMArena does, though nobody has mentioned average quality audio output for it, GSMArena did put out some test results and all.. But even after reading the whole review, I felt like GSMArena were kinda-ve since the beginning itself. Like they said average daytime photo quality, but they never mentioned that a fix is on the way.. while on other websites it was the first thing they said.. This is my reason why I don't have full faith on GSMArena for this particular phone..

anujtwp

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned about listening music...

According to GSMArena, this phone doesn't have a good sound output (and am not talking about external speaker)... If that's true, an audiophile might not be very happy with this phone..

I have read various reviews of L920, but rarely does someone detail it as GSMArena does, though nobody has mentioned average quality audio output for it, GSMArena did put out some test results and all.. But even after reading the whole review, I felt like GSMArena were kinda-ve since the beginning itself. Like they said average daytime photo quality, but they never mentioned that a fix is on the way.. while on other websites it was the first thing they said.. This is my reason why I don't have full faith on GSMArena for this particular phone..

I too feel bias on their reviews sometime. To add, I even had doubt about their reviews even being scientific and backed by all those tests.. I have found that sometimes they miss there too. Many phones I came across had very good audio quality via both speakerphone and headphone and their reviews said opposite of that. Happened other way round too. Same was for loudness and reception stuff. Results contradicted many time. To be clear, I am no noob. I know what real good and bad quality mean having used countless devices till date.

All this may happen because variation in quality control, sourcing of components from different vendors etc. but nonetheless I always doubt GSMArena is biased, to be specific, i feel it biased towards Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism