Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So today I'm at work right now and my battery is draining itself fast. I had it on airplane and it still went 15% in a hour. No new apps, except the update for metrotube which I have blocked for background tasks.

No Skype no Nokia drive. Battery isn't hot either. Don't know what is going on.

I had the same problem, it could be the some rouge process got stock in the background or a bad update of the Metrotube app, I would suggest you restart your phone and if that don't do it uninstall Metrotube and then re-install it again.

Hope that helps.

Uninstalled metrotube and soft reset.

10% gone in a half hour. I'm down to 20% now. Looks like its just going to die. Nothing I can do to stop it. I really hope this is just some weird glitch and it doesn't come back.

Mine as well. I am not a heavy app user and the only change since the battery has been draining more quickly was the extras+info update that came this week. I am on version 1.6.1.62.

Is there any difference with battery saver on?

Quote Originally Posted by ninnnnnja View Post
    Is there any difference with battery saver on?
    For me, I have not ever used the battery saver and I was getting incredible battery life.

I was getting excellent battery life too (only 30-40% used in 12 hours)! Until early this week when the Battery Level app was updated. Now it is using 70-80% of the battery life in that same time span with no more usage than normal. That's the only thing I can attribute it to.

Fortunately I am not seeing the severe drains you folks are reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by DropPass View Post
    I was getting excellent battery life too (only 30-40% used in 12 hours)! Until early this week when the Battery Level app was updated. Now it is using 70-80% of the battery life in that same time span with no more usage than normal. That's the only thing I can attribute it to.

Fortunately I am not seeing the severe drains you folks are reporting.
    Actually, I forgot about that battery app update this week. Perhaps it was not the extras+info but that one. I can say that mine is not terrible but it is definitely more noticeable than before.

I finally got the battery fine, but then it started draining to nothing in 8 hours.

Turn of wifi, they totally messed something up where its on all the time. Battery is now at 70% after 1.5 days.

I had the same problem hit me out of nowhere my 4th day out of nowhere (no update/changes). I did a soft reset and (knock on wood) it hasn't re-appeared since.

Global Posts
    3,069 Global Posts
    Yep - same symptoms here too, with the Battery Level App also.
    Guess I have to uninstall it.
    Went from 100 to 66% in a little over 90 minutes with no phone calls.

I've also had this happen to me occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some sort of rouge process that "takes off". I also notice that when this happens the phone gets much warmer to the touch. My solution for now is to always make sure to spam the back button to close down everything when I'm done with the phone. This at least will close all of the apps I have open, which will eliminate the possibility of one of the apps continuing to run in the background. This might be purely a placebo effect, but I haven't run into the battery drain issue since I've started using this approach.

I have had all of the mentioned updates, and have no problems with my battery life. So I don't think its that.

Quote Originally Posted by rstrube View Post
    I've also had this happen to me occasionally. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to be some sort of rouge process that "takes off". I also notice that when this happens the phone gets much warmer to the touch. My solution for now is to always make sure to spam the back button to close down everything when I'm done with the phone. This at least will close all of the apps I have open, which will eliminate the possibility of one of the apps continuing to run in the background. This might be purely a placebo effect, but I haven't run into the battery drain issue since I've started using this approach.
    My battery drain had no background apps, nor any tiles set to update. It purely was resolved by disabling wifi.

Are you guys saying that battery drain is because of MetroTube? What if it's turned off in background apps?

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...orkaround.html

See if the above helps (read the ##3282# part) and see if locking in your phone changes things. If it doesnt - thats not your problem, if it does - at least you know.

Phone is charging now. I have no clue what is causing this drain. No WiFi and no data at all. Battery saver couldn't even stop it.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This! I just noticed it was dropping like mad!

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Mine too. I was having such good battery life and now i noticed my weather.com live tile didnt update from last night until i opened the app and the battery is draining faster than usual :(

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    MetroTube is not causing any sort of battery drain on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    Mine too. I was having such good battery life and now i noticed my weather.com live tile didnt update from last night until i opened the app and the battery is draining faster than usual :(
    Same here! I had good battery life last week, but suddenly it starts to drain for no reason. It died when I was sleep from 40% in about 8 hours.( No NFC, no bluetooth, no background task.)

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Holy CRAP. My phone is almost dead, I watched the battery drop from 23% to 15% in the span of 10 minutes or so. I've uninstalled metro tube but that's apparently NOT the problem. There was some other update this morning I installed, I think it was a Nokia one and I'm willing to be that's the issue. The phone is almost unusable like this, WTF nokia?

Charged up to 55%, lost 5% in 5 minutes. I'm going to hard reset when I get home and not update anything. This is crazy...

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    Charged up to 55%, lost 5% in 5 minutes. I'm going to hard reset when I get home and not update anything. This is crazy...
    so with it on the charger you are gaining charge but with it off you are losing 5% in 5min? because with it losing 5% in 5min you would still lose charge with it charging because you're not gaining 5% charge in 5min.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast