Time To Pay The Piper - MetroTube

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I see there's an update on my phone and MetroTube now says "unlimited and unrestricted free trial for a limited time". When I look at it in the store, you now have to buy it (here in Canada, anyway). I'm wondering if I update my app, will it take away my free version?

If so, this is the reason why I don't update my apps (rarely did on my iPhone and same goes with my 920). At least on the iPhone, if you got an app while it was free, it remained free, no matter what they updated. Maybe the same is true for WP8 apps. Does anyone know?

And to beat the rush, I know it's only a 99 cent app and yes, MetroTube works great (and is "worth it"). But there's just something about the principle here at stake for me.

/personal whine session

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hit the buy button and on the next screen it will most likely say you already purchased it so you can then download for free from there. Otherwise it will say the price and what payment method etc.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the free version and updated to the latest. I have only used it a few times but it still looks and works like the older verison

LazywormApps

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you installed the app when it was free, it will always stay free. We'll add some form of a donation via in-app purchase or something for those that wish to continue support development efforts however we only ask for payment from those who really love our work and want to continue supporting us. As we say in the description, the trial is free, unlimited and unrestricted :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3