Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have about 3500 songs loaded on my phone. I think its a good amount but not really crazy, I'm sure many people have a lot more.

I've always usually just gone into my song list and put it on shuffle when I listen to music.

On my 920, when I go into songs and choose a song to start playing, the phone isn't responsive at all for like 20 seconds or so. The music continues to play but I can't skip to the next track or do anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It happens on both 920's I have. Is it just the amount of songs I have? My iPhone 3gs never did this.

Nobody else is having this this issue?

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Mine does this as well

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    i have about 300 songs on my phone. dont have a pausing issue when using shuffle. 3500 is an awfully lot. if you notice at the bottom of the music app it tells you what song is going to come next. maybe with that many songs and shuffle on the phone has to parse that many tracks to build it's shuffle list. which could take about 20secs.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    There is a delay just playing any song on mine, figure its a minor bug that MS will fix
    I've something about 1500 songs divided on 9 playlists (around 150-200 for each playlist) and have no problems.

I have this same problem. I have around 1500 songs

Any GDR2 users here that can check whether this is still a problem? And is it only a Lumia 920 issue, or do other WP8 phones have this as well?

This has recently become extra annoying since my new car starts 'shuffle all' automatically, meaning that after getting in the car I can't use my phone for like 20-30 seconds e.g. to start Nokia Drive..

I too experience this. I did a hard reset and had a fresh install of GDR2 and it still does this. If there is one thing I'd like MS to fix it would be this, and adding Gapless playback.

Quote Originally Posted by Daakkon View Post
    I too experience this. I did a hard reset and had a fresh install of GDR2 and it still does this. If there is one thing I'd like MS to fix it would be this, and adding Gapless playback.
    Thanks. Too bad they didn't fix it. Maybe in GDR3, which I'm sure ATT users will get somewhere around Fall 2014... By the way, after posting here I found this related thread on answers.microsoft.com. If you have a MS/hotmail/live/outlook account, please hit the 'me too' button on that page.

Well, after destroying my 920 I now have a 1020 to test this, and unfortunately it's exactly the same. Well that, and this device seems to get even hotter, go figure.

This guy again.. Does GDR3 solve the 'freeze on shuffle' issue for devices with more than 2000 songs?

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    I don't have a lot of music, but a lot of people have been claiming xbox music is a lot smoother and faster post-GDR3. Give it a shot, maybe it'll fix that bug. That does sound really annoying though :/
    Thanked by:
    Joe920 

OK, just installed it on my 1020. Unfortunately it still freezes for 20s. Rotation lock and closing apps is pretty sweet though.

Great news: It seems like this is finally fixed in Xbox music on wp8.1. Once you're past the embarrassingly slow library update (10 songs per second, really?) it actually works.
    Last edited by Joe920; 04-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.