Why I LOVE my Nokia Lumia 920!

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm so far just a little over 1 month into the use of my Nokia Lumia 920 and I must say, I LOVE IT TO DEATH. I'm still unable to get over the captivating appearance the phone has upon first glance. (Especially the cyan color which I happen to own...) Its color seems deep, rich and vivid. They will also remain intact if the phone gets scuffed, unlike other popular phones...ahem**iphone**ahem...Furthermore the silky smoothness of the screen is one that I have never really experienced on another phone. It literally feels soft to touch and its extremely sensitive. Truly amazing.

The ergonomics of the phone, coupled with the striking colors and substantial heft of the device truly gives it that "premium" feel. This is a phone that one has to personally handle to truly get what i'm talking about.

Moving on to the fantastic UI experience that is Windows 8. As someone coming from Windows 7.5 I will admit that while the overally Windows 8 experience is generally positive, it is definitely more buggy than Windows 7.5 was. And some of my favorite games (like Dodononpachi) STILL DONT WORK DESPITE US BEING PROMISED BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FROM THE START! As you can tell, some of the glaring bugs in Windows Phone 8 are annoying, but the plethora of positives can't be ignored! I mean, literally everything about the phone is better. From the high resolution, to the speed of the OS, to the mulitasking capabilities, to the resizable tiles, to xbox music, literally everything works better, faster, and smoother than its predecessor...when it works. Granted there are a few more hiccups and OS resets on this new Windows Phone 8 Os, but with subsequent updates i'm sure this will be rectified....like its predecessor was.

All in all, my Lumia has been about 98% positive and 2% negative, easily the highest satisfaction I've ever had with a phone. We all know that literally NO phone is perfect. And while it is unfortunate that there are some unlucky souls whose own lumia 920 experiences haven't been so favorable, to them I say "You're holding it wrong." No seriously, its unfortunate but i'm sure they must be in the minority. Hopefully Nokia is working hard to enable people replace their phones quickly, enabling people to experience the 920 in all its glory.:love:

All In all, what you deem important in a device is what makes a phone perfect. For me this phone has everything I need, from its an easy to use and intuitive OS, to its amazing camera, awesome ergonomics, to its amazing screen, and great battery life too boot! This Nokia Lumia 920 does all those aforementioned things demonstrably well, and I truly cant say the same for its competitors! All in all, I'm literally in love with my phone and will likely rock this sucker till its wheels fall off.....(or whenever Nokia announces its successor...:winktongue:)

Last edited:

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm so far just a little over 1 month into the use of my Nokia Lumia 920 and I must say, I LOVE IT TO DEATH. I'm still unable to get over the captivating appearance the phone has upon first glance. (Especially the cyan color which I happen to own...) Its color seems deep, rich and vivid. They will also remain intact if the phone gets scuffed, unlike other popular phones...ahem**iphone**ahem...Furthermore the silky smoothness of the screen is one that I have never really experienced on another phone. It literally feels soft to touch and its extremely sensitive. Truly amazing.

The ergonomics of the phone, coupled with the striking colors and substantial heft of the device truly gives it that "premium" feel. This is a phone that one has to personally handle to truly get what i'm talking about.

Moving on to the fantastic UI experience that is Windows 8. As someone coming from Windows 7.5 I will admit that while the overally Windows 8 experience is generally positive, it is definitely more buggy than Windows 7.5 was. And some of my favorite games (like Dodononpachi) STILL DONT WORK DESPITE US BEING PROMISED BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FROM THE START! As you can tell, some of the glaring bugs in Windows Phone 8 are annoying, but the plethora of positives can't be ignored! I mean, literally everything about the phone is better. From the high resolution, to the speed of the OS, to the mulitasking capabilities, to the resizable tiles, to xbox music, literally everything works better, faster, and smoother than its predecessor...when it works. Granted there are a few more hiccups and OS resets on this new Windows Phone 8 Os, but with subsequent updates i'm sure this will be rectified....like its predecessor was.

All in all, my Lumia has been about 98% positive and 2% negative, easily the highest satisfaction I've ever had with a phone. We all know that literally NO phone is perfect. And while it is unfortunate that there are some unlucky souls whose own lumia 920 experiences haven't been so favorable, to them I say "You're holding it wrong." No seriously, its unfortunate but i'm sure they must be in the minority. Hopefully Nokia is working hard to enable people replace their phones quickly, enabling people to experience the 920 in all its glory.:love:

All In all, what you deem important in a device is what makes a phone perfect. For me this phone has everything I need, from its an easy to use and intuitive OS, to its amazing camera, awesome ergonomics, to its amazing screen, and great battery life too boot! This Nokia Lumia 920 does all those aforementioned things demonstrably well, and I truly cant say the same for its competitors! All in all, I'm literally in love with my phone and will likely rock this sucker till its wheels fall off.....(or whenever Nokia announces its successor...:winktongue:)

Post of the week!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Posts like these need to happen more than "disappointing, my 920 can't take pictures like magazine photo-shoots", "My phone shakes too violently it scares me", "why Im going to wait for the iPhone 5s2 instead".
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Where do I start? I tried WP7 and returned it for an HTC Shift 2 years ago. Now WP is' all grown up' and I jumped to a 920 as fast as I could. My 920 is the best phone I have ever owned. Groups rock, Outlook and Calendar are second to none, love Live Tiles, build is top shelf (read my post on my drop, still works like a champ), screen is big and gorgeous and still mint condition, wireless charging - no words to describe, app selection is great, social integration is the best, battery life is way above my Shift...

Okay, running out of adjectives. Honestly, for me, WP8 is the best phone I have ever owned; I can do so many things so much easier in it.

For new WP users check the forums for tips, they have helped me a lot.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So as I can find no other post to out this I'll put it here. I don't have a 920 but a 810 for T-Mobile (wanted to buy 920 unlocked but won't support TM). I've sold phones years ago for both TM and Verizon. I've had most phones and used all OS. This is by far the best experience I've ever had. I literally can't put the phone down. I use it even when I have my iPad sitting right next to me. I've been a huge apple fan until I picked this phone up (even as I type now the phone has learned my vocabulary and is correcting me so effortlessly as I type...omg). I love it so much that I'm even thinking of ditching my iPad for the Surface., crazy I know but I just love the interface. It so intuitive and smooth. Lastly, I love being different and ahead of the curve. While everybody is drooling over IOS and Android I'm perfectly in love with my WP8.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from Android, and really, this phone is just amazing. The screen is brilliant, even when the brightness is set to low it still looks great. The OS is so much better to me, and the phone itself looks and feels magnificent. I love love love the camera, and so does my family. Now whenever somebody wants a picture taken, they ask me to take it because they love the 920's camera. And the wireless charging... it may seem like just a novelty to some people, but it really just makes things so much easier. If I could afford it, I would plant wireless charging plates all over my house! But keeping one next to my bed will suffice :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss