Post Your Wireless Charging Plate Mods

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
i think it was because how thick the wood (giggity) is on my night stand is. it's a 2 drawer night stand, so i took out both drawers, and placed the charging plate directly underneath the top part of the night stand. It's a good 3 to 4 inches thick, which i believe caused the connection to cut in and out.

You would need to route underneath the tabletop to create a shorter distance (ie: make wood thinner) so the connection would remain solid. It would work better with one of those Fatboy cloth chargers. You could probably string several of the chargers together on one cord to increase the charging area.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My charger light will stay lit with a max 7mm air gap between charger and phone.

I trimmed some thin clear plastic and made a 7mm tall cylinder. Place the cylinder on charger and phone on cylinder and from the right angle it appears the phone is floating. Neat first, lame after a few minutes if staring at it.

Waiting for the wireless car dock. Unfortunately my cars ac and dc charge ports are right in front of the shifter, 6 speed, and most plugged in accessories get in the way of 1st and 5th. I'm not a fan of gigantoid power ends. Hopefully the wireless dock doesn't use the charge port as the dock support.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I do.

But it's the comments you see. "Ha. Can your ICONE do this? Can your S3 do that?! Nooooooo it cannn't"

My blackberry could have done this years ago...

Nothing is wrong with enjoying it. Be humble about it.

Haven't seen that in this thread. If you're going to complain about it, you probably make the complaint in a thread where people are actually doing what you claim.

People here mainly want to have fun and show off the product they enjoy.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This sounds lame but I inherited a number of antiques on my grandparent's passing. One of them was a graphophone that was priced and had little value so I took to modernizing it because steampunk is pretty epic. At present, you set your phone on top of the generic record that's there and it charges, I'm also working on disassembling a set of NFC enabled speakers that I will be setting up so this ancient antiquity will become a high quality music player and the horn of the graph phone actually amplifies the sound quite nicely. Once it's done I'll upload a video to show it off.

That sounds like it would rock. Probably quite literally.

Icbuono5

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
its inside the console and there are ridges high enough to keep the phone in place, the friction from my tpu case also helps a lot

Yeah i saw your video and noticed that the charging pad was in the console and there was or looked like there was a lot of space inside of it which is why I asked. But, I haven't even really considered buying my phone a case from the YouTube videos of people trying to scratch it with keys, etc and plus I tend to think cases as otterboxes that make phones just plain ugly. But, the tpu cases I will admit look pretty good! Does the tpu case have a screen protector? I couldn't tell from any of the pictures I saw of it online...

Icbuono5

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I like your idea with hooking up your charging pad to your car. Maybe since you have a case for your 920 you could add thin magnetic strips to the back of it and on to the charging pad?!

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This sounds lame but I inherited a number of antiques on my grandparent's passing. One of them was a graphophone that was priced and had little value so I took to modernizing it because steampunk is pretty epic. At present, you set your phone on top of the generic record that's there and it charges, I'm also working on disassembling a set of NFC enabled speakers that I will be setting up so this ancient antiquity will become a high quality music player and the horn of the graph phone actually amplifies the sound quite nicely. Once it's done I'll upload a video to show it off.
I'd be interested in seeing pics of a vid of this when you are done...

BdA-Hobbes

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have just finished my little project to build a wireless charging car holder for my lumia 920.
It took some time to figure out which adjustable holder to use and how to wire it.
Here is the end result it works like a charm.

btw. in case you are wondering I had to use a Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate in white due to the fact that the black one was sold out here in Germany

Attachments

• WP_20121228_010.jpg
    WP_20121228_010.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20121228_012.jpg
    WP_20121228_012.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 14
  • WP_20121230_002.jpg
    WP_20121230_002.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20121230_009.jpg
    WP_20121230_009.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20121230_006.jpg
    WP_20121230_006.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a pic, but I had put mine underneath a glass desk top (about 1cm thick) and I was able to just lay my phone on the desk and it would charge. Incidentally, my charging plate, or wireless charging no longer works properly even if I lay the phone directly on it. I don't know if the desk trick caused the demise of my wireless charging. Be warned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte