Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So i got my charging plate, and i love it, but im curious as to what to do to make it even better, im going to make a wooden stand that turns the flat plate into a charging stand. post pictures of things you have done with yours, whether it be to conceal it, build it into a desk, and ive even seen some people build them into books!
    interested to see what creativity we have here

I was totally thinking of doing the same thing but also adding a NFC tag to it. I have some left over wood from the cornhole boards im making for my brother for Xmas and once im done im going to work on the stand and will post pics of it when finished.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yeah i have a samsung tectile that i got from a friend, then use NFC Launchit to launch an app.

i am not sure is that true, you cannot put anything between the wireless charger and the phone. saw the tips somewhere

decheng: Ive seen people charge through an IKEA table, and through a book. Not the entire damn table, or the entire thick book, the charger is inside a hollow made in the desk/book.

So it IS possible, without any shred of a doubt.

This, for instance:

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    Just got one today and it is super spiffy! Haven't done any mods yet

i tried to make it work through my night stand, but the connection kept on cutting in and out

pejung: its a certain distance that it works with. It probably was too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    pejung: its a certain distance that it works with. It probably was too far away.
    i think it was because how thick the wood (giggity) is on my night stand is. it's a 2 drawer night stand, so i took out both drawers, and placed the charging plate directly underneath the top part of the night stand. It's a good 3 to 4 inches thick, which i believe caused the connection to cut in and out.

Yeah thats way too far.

Personally Id love to like sow it into the armrest of the couch :P .

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    Yeah thats way too far.

Personally Id love to like sow it into the armrest of the couch :P .
    sounds great initially, but i tend to fall asleep on the couch on daily basis... if i had my phone charging on my armrest, i'm sure i'd knock it off accidentally pretty often.. and i've got tile in the living room lol,, and my phone is naked haha

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I'm in the process of imbedding the charger into my thigh, so when I sit down: automatic lap charger.
    LevSer, jdhooghe, Slai and 1 others like this.

From day one I knew its not enough, plus vertical u can see screen updates ...etc.
    Made from a paper clip holder I think, found it at work. Drilled a hole through so cable can be hidden and also it holds the charging plate plus some car vinyl, I had left overs from my bike project. Vinyl sticks good so it also holds the plate in place. Works fine and no damage to the plate just a bent cable
    Looks home made but works and its enough for now.
    Protector skin is made by ZAGG with my custom image from my helmet

mrshamoozoo likes this.

My mod was to get a $50 credit towards the purchase of the charging stand.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    I think people are making TOO big a deal about this wireless charging as if it's the first phone to ever have it.

Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    I think people are making TOO big a deal about this wireless charging as if it's the first phone to ever have it.

Geez.
    You don't like that people are enjoying a product?

Why does it bother you. Nobody has claimed this is the first.
    Muessig and jdhooghe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post

Geez.

Well, it's the first phone where people actually care about it. This comment was not necessary. 😈

tt: its like people enjoying android homescreen customization like its the first phone to ever have it, or even the best phone for homescreen customization.

Geez. How dare they.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    You don't like that people are enjoying a product?

Why does it bother you. Nobody has claimed this is the first.
    I do.

But it's the comments you see. "Ha. Can your ICONE do this? Can your S3 do that?! Nooooooo it cannn't"

My blackberry could have done this years ago...

Nothing is wrong with enjoying it. Be humble about it.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    This sounds lame but I inherited a number of antiques on my grandparent's passing. One of them was a graphophone that was priced and had little value so I took to modernizing it because steampunk is pretty epic. At present, you set your phone on top of the generic record that's there and it charges, I'm also working on disassembling a set of NFC enabled speakers that I will be setting up so this ancient antiquity will become a high quality music player and the horn of the graph phone actually amplifies the sound quite nicely. Once it's done I'll upload a video to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by pjeung View Post
    i think it was because how thick the wood (giggity) is on my night stand is. it's a 2 drawer night stand, so i took out both drawers, and placed the charging plate directly underneath the top part of the night stand. It's a good 3 to 4 inches thick, which i believe caused the connection to cut in and out.
    You would need to route underneath the tabletop to create a shorter distance (ie: make wood thinner) so the connection would remain solid. It would work better with one of those Fatboy cloth chargers. You could probably string several of the chargers together on one cord to increase the charging area.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
    Quote Originally Posted by the_icon12 View Post
    I'm in the process of imbedding the charger into my thigh, so when I sit down: automatic lap charger.
    Best idea yet
    mrshamoozoo likes this.

My charger light will stay lit with a max 7mm air gap between charger and phone.

I trimmed some thin clear plastic and made a 7mm tall cylinder. Place the cylinder on charger and phone on cylinder and from the right angle it appears the phone is floating. Neat first, lame after a few minutes if staring at it.

Waiting for the wireless car dock. Unfortunately my cars ac and dc charge ports are right in front of the shifter, 6 speed, and most plugged in accessories get in the way of 1st and 5th. I'm not a fan of gigantoid power ends. Hopefully the wireless dock doesn't use the charge port as the dock support.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Crecy View Post
    Best idea yet
    And can charge with phone in pocket. Genius.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No Mod but I thought I should post it.
    photo.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast