Post Your Wireless Charging Plate Mods

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So i got my charging plate, and i love it, but im curious as to what to do to make it even better, im going to make a wooden stand that turns the flat plate into a charging stand. post pictures of things you have done with yours, whether it be to conceal it, build it into a desk, and ive even seen some people build them into books!
interested to see what creativity we have here

Icbuono5

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I was totally thinking of doing the same thing but also adding a NFC tag to it. I have some left over wood from the cornhole boards im making for my brother for Xmas and once im done im going to work on the stand and will post pics of it when finished.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
pejung: its a certain distance that it works with. It probably was too far away.

i think it was because how thick the wood (giggity) is on my night stand is. it's a 2 drawer night stand, so i took out both drawers, and placed the charging plate directly underneath the top part of the night stand. It's a good 3 to 4 inches thick, which i believe caused the connection to cut in and out.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thats way too far.

Personally Id love to like sow it into the armrest of the couch :p .

sounds great initially, but i tend to fall asleep on the couch on daily basis... if i had my phone charging on my armrest, i'm sure i'd knock it off accidentally pretty often.. and i've got tile in the living room lol,, and my phone is naked haha

Rissen1k

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
From day one I knew its not enough, plus vertical u can see screen updates ...etc.
Made from a paper clip holder I think, found it at work. Drilled a hole through so cable can be hidden and also it holds the charging plate plus some car vinyl, I had left overs from my bike project. Vinyl sticks good so it also holds the plate in place. Works fine and no damage to the plate just a bent cable :grin:
Looks home made but works and its enough for now.
Protector skin is made by ZAGG with my custom image from my helmet :winktongue:

Lumia 920 charging plate mod - YouTube

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think people are making TOO big a deal about this wireless charging as if it's the first phone to ever have it.

Geez.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
tt: its like people enjoying android homescreen customization like its the first phone to ever have it, or even the best phone for homescreen customization.

Geez. How dare they.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't like that people are enjoying a product?

Why does it bother you. Nobody has claimed this is the first.

I do.

But it's the comments you see. "Ha. Can your ICONE do this? Can your S3 do that?! Nooooooo it cannn't"

My blackberry could have done this years ago...

Nothing is wrong with enjoying it. Be humble about it.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This sounds lame but I inherited a number of antiques on my grandparent's passing. One of them was a graphophone that was priced and had little value so I took to modernizing it because steampunk is pretty epic. At present, you set your phone on top of the generic record that's there and it charges, I'm also working on disassembling a set of NFC enabled speakers that I will be setting up so this ancient antiquity will become a high quality music player and the horn of the graph phone actually amplifies the sound quite nicely. Once it's done I'll upload a video to show it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb