What Should I be Looking Forward to the Most in the Lumia 920?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I'm expecting my new phone soon, so I just wanted to ask you all who already have the phone: what should I (or anyone) be looking forward to the most?

I am switching from Android, but there's so many things I'm excited about! The new OS, the camera, wireless charging, Nokia's exclusive apps, the awesome design and build, etc. But what do you all think is the best about the Nokia Lumia 920? :)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be a ******.. but EVERYTHING
Haha I would say for me it was the fact that I'm upgrading from WP7 to WP8, such a big difference in hardware and speed.
Other than that I've always been a Nokia fan, so I would say the design, the camera, the simplistic yet super convenient metro UI, and the exclusive nokia apps like Nokia Drive, etc.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For me its the screen, the dolby audio when used with headphones, the camera in low light will AMAZE you, the OIS when recording video, the Rich Recording means very loud environments don't distort at all. The keyboard has easily been the best I've seen on any phone and just the way WP8 works consistently quick. On my android phones they were quick at first then slowed as you used them, but this phone a month later is just as quick as the first day i turned it on.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
You should look forward to everyone you come across asking you what kind of phone you have. Especially if they are in a position where they cant see the screen, just the case (and you dont have bloack or white of course - if you got cyan, yellow, or red). If they see your screen they usually ask me if that is "that Windows Phone."

That is a pretty cool feeling.

Same things happens if you get an iPhone 5.

"Hey is that an iPhone 5?"

"Why yes. You must have seen my extra row of static boring ugly icons."

"Indeed"

Jmaxim

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I'm expecting my new phone soon, so I just wanted to ask you all who already have the phone: what should I (or anyone) be looking forward to the most?

I am switching from Android, but there's so many things I'm excited about! The new OS, the camera, wireless charging, Nokia's exclusive apps, the awesome design and build, etc. But what do you all think is the best about the Nokia Lumia 920? :)
The weight. Lol

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My humble opinion, ignore if you wish.

I switched from a HTC Shift on Sprint to AT&T just to get the 920, Cost me a little more but it's worth is to me and here are a *few* reasons why:

Screen is much better
Shift couldn't make it a day without needing a recharge. My 920 lasts almost 2 days
Outlook and calendars sync much better on WP8.
Live tiles are awesome
Groups are awesome (I need to explore rooms more)
Build is better for me (some have reported issues, mine has been solid)
I use it so much more because it seems the data is so much more accessible (a UI proference)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99