The unexpected new owner of a 920

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So my step-father recently had upgraded his Iphone to a new Nokia Lumia 920 but he discovered that there are a few apps that Iphone has that WP8 doesn't have yet(Yes, even a 40 year old man likes to instagram....kind of creepy in a way lol)

Anyway, instead of just simply returning the phone he asked me would I be interested in using it as he knows I actually like Windows Phone(for the most part) and he'd just go back to using his iphone. So of course I am likely going to jump on the chance to get a 920. I currently own an 810 so I am likely going to try to sell it so I can score some extra christmas cash.

It's kind of cool because I have been pushing Lumias to all my friends who have been talking abou getting new phones and I have been envious of their bright colorful phones compared to my black slab(that sounded awkward after i typed it) so I am happy I have this chance.

Couple of questions

1. I read somewhere a guy had some trouble getting the unlock code from At&t....so if i wanted to stay with T-mobile and just use the 920 on my current T-mobile account that my 810 is under, I wouldn't be able to do that would I?

I'd still be able to use At&t Mvno's right? Currently I am using T-mo's $50 a month Unlimited Talk Text and Web so I'd like something in that price range...I hope Straight talk is not the only MVNO I can use.

2. Facebook Chat
I have been curious it on my 810 but I haven't yet....I have a question about facebook chat.

Is it reliable?
Also, when people facebook chat me will they be able to see my name on Facebook or the Name of my microsoft account i signed up with

Last edited:

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there are no ways of currently unlocking the AT&T Nokia Lumia 920. I have tried numerous methods only to come up empty handed.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They'll see your name on Facebook like they would if you logged into chat from your computer.

I'm not sure about reliability since I rarely use Facebook chat. I probably should mark myself as offline because the only people that chat me are friends and relatives from the other side of the world, so the chats come in while I'm sleeping.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You'll be able to use this on any AT&T MVNO... Straight Talk, Net10, TracFone, etc etc. They're all pretty much the same as Straight Talk though, not sure the animosity towards them.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've found the facebook chat to not be quite as reliable as using just the txt/mms setting. From the phone's perspective there really isn't much benefit either.

BTW, what's so creepy about a 40 year old using instagram?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've found the facebook chat to not be quite as reliable as using just the txt/mms setting. From the phone's perspective there really isn't much benefit either.

BTW, what's so creepy about a 40 year old using instagram?

Youngins hate when older folk enjoy the same things. They also think that older people are using it to view the same things they do.

If someone thinks a 40yr old using instagram is creepy, it makes me wonder what that person is looking at on instagram. ��

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
for facebook chat i've found it to be pretty reliable. there is a delay in the time you get the message vs. when it was sent on facebook. i havent experienced the delay being over 2min. you cant send pics via the ppl hub facebook chat, but then again you could just use their number for that. or get metrotalk and send them pics like through an IM.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh i wanted to sort of re-tract my statement, I shouldn't say creepy but it is just a bit odd following him on instagram and seeing him posting a ton of shirtless pics :p
I expect that from people my age I guess but some of the stuff he tends to post on social networks kind has me "Scratching my head" LOL.

So not creepy so much as just a bit....weird :D

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
LOL, now that I can kind of agree with there. Especially considering he is you step father. I body build myself and would never post shirtless pictures, at any age.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre