12-15-2012, 10:55 AM #1
- 50 Posts
Hey everyone, I've been using the Lumia 920 for a month now and I am loving it, apart from the battery issues that I had in the beginning, but now it has been great. I am having the overheating issue and I don't think it will go away (Rogers phone 45/2012 build), now that does not bother me at all, but as an avid eBook reader, I tend to read for more than an hour sometimes. What bothers me is that will the overheating issue crash/brick/deteriorate my phone? And did I mention that the L920 is a great mini eBook reader? :)
12-15-2012, 12:26 PM #2
- 87 Posts
I highly doubt it will, I build computers and the PCB that are in electronics can withstand temps up to 110c most of the time; So unless your phone is getting 110c and you have to wear an oven mitt to hold it, you should be fine :D
12-15-2012, 01:03 PM #3
- 50 Posts
That's great to hear!I was just worried because whenever I use it for long periods of time there is a concentration of heat on the top part of the phone but none on the bottom, and the battery would jump down to 6 hours remaining and that's on a full charge, then jump right back at 1 day and x hours.
- 12-15-2012, 01:54 PM #4
Mine heats up on the top too while the bottom is just fine. The electronics should be fine but batteries hate high temperatures. I believe the battery is on the bottom though (An inside look at the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central) and it's mostly all the chips (processor, wireless, NFC, etc.) on the top that are heating up.
- By mafu6 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 23Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
- By SPR1NGzje in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
- By TheAngelOfElysium in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
- By SanFranMan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 18Last Post: 03-03-2011, 03:12 PM