BSE (best skins ever) for Lumia 920

rdjward

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I installed a BSE skin onto my Lumia 920. I did this partly because I got a noticeable and kind of deep scratch due to a fall (deep enough to feel with my fingernail but not my finger tip). The scratch would catch the light in strong lighting and was distracting me. I used to have a BSE screen many years ago on my iPod video 60GB and they were good back then.

I'm happy to report that they have improved since then as well, the material seems less gummy and slides almost as well as the glass would. The orange peel effect is very minimal now and only appears at sharp angles, head on you would never notice. Overall clarity is excellent, no one I've showed even noticed the skin til I pointed it out. That beautiful display is not hampered noticeably at all by this skin. Application was very smooth, I used my Panavise to hold the Lumia really still but should be easy to install even without something like that. I only had one bubble and it disappeared after the first night.

In regards to the scratch, it was so noticeable I was considering replacing the glass at significant expense and effort. The scratch is practically invisible now. I don't know if it's cause the skin filled the gap a little or it simply reduced the glare from the light catching it but I can certainly recommend adding a skin if a bad scratch has etched your display.

BSE has reissued this skin due to the lack of a prox sensor cutout in the original. This updated version is in the mail to me (free of charge) but the original seems to work just fine for me. Regardless, it shows BSE's dedication to providing a good product to its customer by sending this updated skin out for free and without request.

For the low price especially I can definitely recommend these skins. To be honest, I'd order two or three just for the convenience of having extras. These are definitely equal or better than the quality of many more expensive brands I have seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers