Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bilzkh View Post
    I promote Lumia 920, but I do so by explaining how it adds value to my life, and I don't bother trying to sell it to people over iPhone or Android, that's their call to make.
    Trust me, normal people get hooked in pretty quickly on these things. The ones who are tied to iPhone/Android deeply aren't going to budge, forget them.
    I have done the same with my new Lumia 920. In particular touting the "Rooms" feature, and how it took me 3 apps with multiple accounts to achieve the same function on my old iphone. Wasnt trying to sell anyone anything, just raving about my new phone and that it was a good purchase for me. Low and behold I have seen 4 people Ive talked to that have since switched to windows phone, particularly the 920. It is nice to see the brand growing.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This weekend Verizon had the Lumia 822 on sale for free on contract. People were buying them left and right. My store sold through all of our stock in 2 days. Thats roughly about 40 devices. With more being shipped out and god knows how many people did upgrades online for it. This will surely increase WP visibility.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    I don't want that crappy instagram app on my phone, at the end of the day that's why i have a Windows Phone because i'm different. Not like those iphone fans that just buy anything that has an Apple logo on it
    Yea buddy. You are so special and unique. That's cute.

it is funny when I am out I do notice more and more people have windows phones...kinda cool to see..hope this lasts
    odoggyfresh likes this.

bought a lumia 822 today at my local verizon store, asked the guy working there if they had been selling very many windows phones. he told me his wife who also works for verizon has an 822, loves it, but other than that, almost no windows phones have been sold (to his knowledge), but he knew some "microsoft employees" bought them

hopefully this guy just isnt aware of the sales, but it gave me a somwhat bad feeling about their current sales. granted this is just 1 store. I do hope to see more in circulation because I love my 822 so far
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    I don't want that crappy instagram app on my phone, at the end of the day that's why i have a Windows Phone because i'm different. Not like those iphone fans that just buy anything that has an Apple logo on it
    Yes, you are not like those Apple sheeps who buy anything that has Apple logo on it, instead, you only buy everything what has Windows Phone logo on it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    Yes, you are not like those Apple sheeps who buy anything that has Apple logo on it, instead, you only buy everything what has Windows Phone logo on it.
    I hope you aren't trying to make a sweeping general statement there. After all, you know not of what devices I have, nor what he has. And I love my Windows Phone so does that make me the same as him?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by casab1anca View Post

WP automatically does this for you.
    No. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I hope you aren't trying to make a sweeping general statement there. After all, you know not of what devices I have, nor what he has. And I love my Windows Phone so does that make me the same as him?
    I think he/she was trying to make the point that particular poster is making a general statement to begin with.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I still haven't seen a single WP of any kind out in the wild, yet. 5 of my 8 closest friends have iPhones, 1 has an Android phone, and the other two have feature phones. It's quite depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    I still haven't seen a single WP of any kind out in the wild, yet. 5 of my 8 closest friends have iPhones, 1 has an Android phone, and the other two have feature phones. It's quite depressing.
    I've seen 2 since the release of WP. The first was my cousin shortly after the phone released. I don't think she realized how young the platform was when she got the phone because she shortly returned it and got some Android phone. The second was this lady who came into my job. Otherwise, I have not seen this phone anywhere else and I've lived in Boston, spent considerable time in NYC and lived in two college towns since its release. All iPhone or Androids.

Ditto, not a single Lumia device out in the wild yet here in Canada. Well maybe there are BUT THEY'RE ALL BLACK.

Global Posts
    2,565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timetex View Post
    No. It doesn't.
    it does on my phone dude...I just verified it.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Same here.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I live in the tech corridor, so there have always been a bunch of WPs here.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    All I've noticed is that nobody knows what the heck the Lumia 920 is or WP8. Personally, I'm enjoying my L920, but don't be fooled, neither the device or OS is taking off. WP8 is going to die a slow death, but I'm willing to hang on to my L920 for a while anyway...it's a great phone.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalryan View Post
    All I've noticed is that nobody knows what the heck the Lumia 920 is or WP8. Personally, I'm enjoying my L920, but don't be fooled, neither the device or OS is taking off. WP8 is going to die a slow death, but I'm willing to hang on to my L920 for a while anyway...it's a great phone.
    That's not very optimistic. If we all think like that then WP will of course never take off
    willybraatlund likes this.
    Haven't noticed many with a WP phone. But I have one friend that got the 8x. But anyways, the one thing that really shocked me are a lot of my friends on school really like my phone, and a few have asked me about my lumia because they are interested in buying one. And most people know what phone I got, they're all like "It's that the new lumia?!"

I that is a good sign! And it's alot of comercials on tv about the lumia, so I think we'll see many wp8 phones in the near future. But the biggest problem are all of the iSheeps....

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    That's not very optimistic. If we all think like that then WP will of course never take off
    I hear ya, but that's just what I've noticed. Like I said, I love my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    You couldn't have understand what he meant.

Type for instance Am i going crazy cause that i is definitely lowercase

It will be lowercase not uppercase whereas other phones will make the singular i into uppercase.

Quote Originally Posted by liamjanin View Post
    A lot of people post their photos without adding filters. Or they use a separate app to edit their shots and then upload it to instagram. The draw is definitely the community. Its just like twitter but with photos. People also get trapped into the whole, measuring their self-worth by how many followers they have. haha
    Instagram is just a community of people suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder :D
    b23h likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Instagram is just a community of people suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder :D
    I want to be one of them...

The only other WP8 phone I've seen in the wild is my mom's 820. At a party a few weeks ago, one guy noticed it and asked me about it, but other than that, the only people who've noticed are coworkers that I discussed my options with before buying.

As far as instagram goes, it's not about photo filters. It's only partially about the social network aspect. It's really about the fact that it is an immensely popular app that is on ios and isn't on windows phone, and represents the fear that we'll never get the next big app.
    Curse this app gap!

Sorry to be offtopic again, but when Instagram isn't about filter and only partly about the community, WHAT is it that makes it so special, so popular, only its existence? (brain soon going up in smokes from lack of understandig)

Ontopic again ... am not seeing many WP7.5s and only one WP 8 in the wild so far. But I live in deep, deep Apple-Land with a few Androids trying to get a live.
    Happy WP user :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
    I want to be one of them...
    It's your choice & your life ;)
    I am just not enamored with it.
    It doesn't bother me whether it come to WP or not.
    Cheerios :)
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast