It's happening "multiple people had windows phones"

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't seen a single WP of any kind out in the wild, yet. 5 of my 8 closest friends have iPhones, 1 has an Android phone, and the other two have feature phones. It's quite depressing.

I've seen 2 since the release of WP. The first was my cousin shortly after the phone released. I don't think she realized how young the platform was when she got the phone because she shortly returned it and got some Android phone. The second was this lady who came into my job. Otherwise, I have not seen this phone anywhere else and I've lived in Boston, spent considerable time in NYC and lived in two college towns since its release. All iPhone or Androids.

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
All I've noticed is that nobody knows what the heck the Lumia 920 is or WP8. Personally, I'm enjoying my L920, but don't be fooled, neither the device or OS is taking off. WP8 is going to die a slow death, but I'm willing to hang on to my L920 for a while anyway...it's a great phone.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
All I've noticed is that nobody knows what the heck the Lumia 920 is or WP8. Personally, I'm enjoying my L920, but don't be fooled, neither the device or OS is taking off. WP8 is going to die a slow death, but I'm willing to hang on to my L920 for a while anyway...it's a great phone.
That's not very optimistic. If we all think like that then WP will of course never take off

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed many with a WP phone. But I have one friend that got the 8x. But anyways, the one thing that really shocked me are a lot of my friends on school really like my phone, and a few have asked me about my lumia because they are interested in buying one. And most people know what phone I got, they're all like "It's that the new lumia?!"

I that is a good sign! And it's alot of comercials on tv about the lumia, so I think we'll see many wp8 phones in the near future. But the biggest problem are all of the iSheeps....

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's happening

it does on my phone dude...I just verified it.

You couldn't have understand what he meant.

Type for instance Am i going crazy cause that i is definitely lowercase

It will be lowercase not uppercase whereas other phones will make the singular i into uppercase.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people post their photos without adding filters. Or they use a separate app to edit their shots and then upload it to instagram. The draw is definitely the community. Its just like twitter but with photos. People also get trapped into the whole, measuring their self-worth by how many followers they have. haha

Instagram is just a community of people suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder :D

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The only other WP8 phone I've seen in the wild is my mom's 820. At a party a few weeks ago, one guy noticed it and asked me about it, but other than that, the only people who've noticed are coworkers that I discussed my options with before buying.

As far as instagram goes, it's not about photo filters. It's only partially about the social network aspect. It's really about the fact that it is an immensely popular app that is on ios and isn't on windows phone, and represents the fear that we'll never get the next big app.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be offtopic again, but when Instagram isn't about filter and only partly about the community, WHAT is it that makes it so special, so popular, only its existence? (brain soon going up in smokes from lack of understandig)

Ontopic again ... am not seeing many WP7.5s and only one WP 8 in the wild so far. But I live in deep, deep Apple-Land with a few Androids trying to get a live.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As far as instagram goes, it's not about photo filters. It's only partially about the social network aspect. It's really about the fact that it is an immensely popular app that is on ios and isn't on windows phone, and represents the fear that we'll never get the next big app.

I think it's more about hype and bragging rights. I doubt more than 5% of smartphone users in the US use Instagram. Even less worldwide.

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's happening

You couldn't have understand what he meant.

Type for instance Am i going crazy cause that i is definitely lowercase

It will be lowercase not uppercase whereas other phones will make the singular i into uppercase.
I just put that exact phrase into my phone and WP8 automatically capitalized the "I".

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It's your choice & your life ;)
I am just not enamored with it.
It doesn't bother me whether it come to WP or not.
Cheerios :)
to be fair (save my Pride), I already have Facebook and Twitter, where I show of my amateur photography skills and to show of my windows phone camera... Did so with my 900. Doing it with my 920. So I want to strick at the IOS heart of image sharing. Even downgraded pic quality of some awesome night shot would do wonders in showing my iPhone 5 carrying friends that the new kid on the block is something special (the new kid being of course the 920)

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be offtopic again, but when Instagram isn't about filter and only partly about the community, WHAT is it that makes it so special, so popular, only its existence? (brain soon going up in smokes from lack of understandig)

Ontopic again ... am not seeing many WP7.5s and only one WP 8 in the wild so far. But I live in deep, deep Apple-Land with a few Androids trying to get a live.

It's just a way for people to share photos and comments a lot easier than it is with facebook. There is an app on WP called Eyeem that works just like Instagram. I used it and actually liked it. There is a way to check photos taken by people around your location via GPS tagging which is pretty cool. I for one didn't see what the big fuss was about instagram but using a similar app I can see why people would want it especially if they have a pool of friends who are on it sharing photos with each other and you can't.

As far as seeing more WP out in the wild I have seen a few. But in my family we all have WP lol. I have a red Lumia 920. My brother and his wife each have a white L920, My sister just got a L820. I want to get her a yellow wireless shell for it. My little brother is using a Lumia 710 and my mom a Samsung Focus. As soon as their contract is up with T-Mobile I'm going to switch them either to a 920 or 820. I love the group feature as it's a great way to share things with the family.

I have had a lot of people notice my red Lumia though and I find that interesting. Red helps the design of the L920 stand out then they take a look at my start screen and start asking me about how it works. They love that it's fast and responsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo