It's happening "multiple people had windows phones"

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
just show people how to use one of the MANY photo filter apps and post it to facebook. That's all those douches want to do anyways...take their ****ty pictures and make them ****tier so they can show their friends.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol all the hate for instagram. I know a lot of clothing brands post to instagram heavily with lots of followers. Mostly brands owned by young people in the 20's to mid 30's. Instagram is a valuable tool for many.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the day, there are those who overhype the greatness of Instagram and there are those who make sweeping general statements on how the app sucks or isn't necessary for WP8. Bottom line, its a popular app and it wouldn't hurt to have the app on Windows Phone

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I promote Lumia 920, but I do so by explaining how it adds value to my life, and I don't bother trying to sell it to people over iPhone or Android, that's their call to make.

I simply say, "well, I travel for work purposes quite a bit, and I just can't live without using Bing Translator to interpret languages I don't understand. I love Nokia Drive and Maps, especially in terms of being able to preload maps and not worry about data consumption while trying to get around. Exchange calendar and contacts integration is pretty good, in addition to the email, at the end of the day this is a phone so being able to do what I can is more than sufficient. Apps here are alright, can't compare to iPhone, but you get YouTube, social networking, Skype and Angry Birds..."

Trust me, normal people get hooked in pretty quickly on these things. The ones who are tied to iPhone/Android deeply aren't going to budge, forget them.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's happening

I wanted to ask how I group text. My android was great at scrolling down the list and selecting people, can I do that on my Lumia?
1) You can create a group ahead of time in the People app, then just text the whole group whenever you want.
2) You can type names of people directly into the "To:" box with the help of autocomplete.

Also, is there any way to make it use a capital "I" when texting without using the caps button?
WP automatically does this for you.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen too many out there just yet. But did get a "damn, is that yellow 920?" look at my local donut shop the other day. Lol. Also at the drive thru, a girl asked is it that "New" phone? Obviously she couldn't remember the name. Said she almost got one, but went with an S3 instead. I smiled and gave her a real sincere, Ohh, my bad that you did that. Haha! She couldn't help but laugh too though. Only myself and another IT guy at my work have one and he has cyan. Although my boss and a few others in the Office are ready to get rid of their apple stuff after seeing the 920 and my Surface. Seriously though, it all comes down to people just stepping away from the norm and they see that there's more out there.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you know about the app or not. Whether you use it or not, or whether you like it or not.

It is what is popular, and it IS where the users are.
It is what counts.

I don't want that crappy instagram app on my phone, at the end of the day that's why i have a Windows Phone because i'm different. Not like those iphone fans that just buy anything that has an Apple logo on it

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Haha that's awesome, I would totally high five ppl with L920! As long as it won't be too awkward..
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I live in "apple land" ... I am yet to see even one 920 on the street or whatever. So many iPhones.. I would say 99% of my friends all have iPhones.. couple of droids.. and that is it.

Its good to know that more and more people are using them.. Nokia really needs that to get some traction.

Also.. I would bet that there are way more 920s in the US than anywhere else in the world at this point.

GSMarena recently changed their voting system (to fight the trolls) and I think its much better now.. the 920 has been at no.1 for a while..

http://www.gsmarena.com/stats.php3

namurell

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I promote Lumia 920, but I do so by explaining how it adds value to my life, and I don't bother trying to sell it to people over iPhone or Android, that's their call to make.
Trust me, normal people get hooked in pretty quickly on these things. The ones who are tied to iPhone/Android deeply aren't going to budge, forget them.

I have done the same with my new Lumia 920. In particular touting the "Rooms" feature, and how it took me 3 apps with multiple accounts to achieve the same function on my old iphone. Wasnt trying to sell anyone anything, just raving about my new phone and that it was a good purchase for me. Low and behold I have seen 4 people Ive talked to that have since switched to windows phone, particularly the 920. It is nice to see the brand growing.

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
This weekend Verizon had the Lumia 822 on sale for free on contract. People were buying them left and right. My store sold through all of our stock in 2 days. Thats roughly about 40 devices. With more being shipped out and god knows how many people did upgrades online for it. This will surely increase WP visibility.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
bought a lumia 822 today at my local verizon store, asked the guy working there if they had been selling very many windows phones. he told me his wife who also works for verizon has an 822, loves it, but other than that, almost no windows phones have been sold (to his knowledge), but he knew some "microsoft employees" bought them

hopefully this guy just isnt aware of the sales, but it gave me a somwhat bad feeling about their current sales. granted this is just 1 store. I do hope to see more in circulation because I love my 822 so far

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't want that crappy instagram app on my phone, at the end of the day that's why i have a Windows Phone because i'm different. Not like those iphone fans that just buy anything that has an Apple logo on it

Yes, you are not like those Apple sheeps who buy anything that has Apple logo on it, instead, you only buy everything what has Windows Phone logo on it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are not like those Apple sheeps who buy anything that has Apple logo on it, instead, you only buy everything what has Windows Phone logo on it.

I hope you aren't trying to make a sweeping general statement there. After all, you know not of what devices I have, nor what he has. And I love my Windows Phone so does that make me the same as him?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope you aren't trying to make a sweeping general statement there. After all, you know not of what devices I have, nor what he has. And I love my Windows Phone so does that make me the same as him?

I think he/she was trying to make the point that particular poster is making a general statement to begin with.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't seen a single WP of any kind out in the wild, yet. 5 of my 8 closest friends have iPhones, 1 has an Android phone, and the other two have feature phones. It's quite depressing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb