Low light camera problems

leeds_fan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
HELP. Hi, Took a picture in a dark room with my 920,first I turned the flash off then I pressed the camera button halfway down to focus then pressed it fully down,the picture was pitch black,three too four seconds later the phone's screen flashed a bright white light, any ideas how to fix this or is my phone faulty or am I doing something wrong. Thank's

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
HELP. Hi, Took a picture in a dark room with my 920,first I turned the flash off then I pressed the camera button halfway down to focus then pressed it fully down,the picture was pitch black,three too four seconds later the phone's screen flashed a bright white light, any ideas how to fix this or is my phone faulty or am I doing something wrong. Thank's

That is normal. Unexplainable as to why that white flash happens, but it seems to happen with many other of our phones (mine included). I wouldn't worry about it, as it does not mean you have a defective phone.

Last edited:

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how dark the room is... If your talking about a bedroom with no lights and the curtains closed then it would be normal for it to show up as nothing... Cameras need natural or artificial light... Back lite cameras use a censor to brighten the image in low light but even those images can get really grainy if the lighting is next to none...

2DrO4

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want to turn off all lighting from the phone completely, don't forget to turn off Focus Assist (and your flash).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon