Not getting app updates

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had to restore about a week ago, and since then I haven't gotten any app updates. I've been able to update a few manually by going into the store and selecting the app, but that's it. Any idea how to fix this?

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Once upon a time I received update notifications but haven't gotten them in more than a week. I'm connected to wifi and LTE. Really don't feel like manually searching for apps by name. Makes me really appreciated IOS and Jellybean.

hehedeba

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
After deliberately searching all my installed apps on app store, I just realized I have 2 apps that have new updates. They are My Stocks Portfolio and List & Things (paid). Updates were released on 12/12 and 13/12. Today is 17/12, but I never saw the available updates info on the store's main screen or live tile. After this deliberate exercise, I do see the available updates info on store app main screen as well as the live tile. I'm also now convinced this is a current shortcoming in wp8 app store.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What I have noticed, and this is not just with WP8, as I saw the same thing with my Samsung Focus, is that update notifications does not come through regularly when I am on WiFi, but when I switch to cellular data, I then often get a lot of update alerts. As I am on WiFi most of the time, I often find when I go out and turn off WiFi and turn on cellular data, I get hit with a lot of update notices not too long after. Just today, I got 15 when I was out. I wait until I get back home and get back on WiFi to do the updates. With the fact that WP8 turns off the WIFi when the have the screen is turned off (soon to be changed with the OS update), maybe that is making it worse on WP8. For those of you who are like me that stay on WiFi a lot, try turning off WiFi and turning on cellular data for an hour or two (when you know your are not going to be using much data) and see if you get any update alerts.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is what I do and I've always been notified this way. If I know there is an update for one of my apps I will turn on my data connection from about midday til about 5pm. When I check at 5 I will always have notifications of an update if there is one. Hope this works for you too!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'll have to try that tonight. Thanks :) so app updates have a hard time coming through when WiFi is on?
As far as I can tell WiFi is turned off after 30secondz oc the screen being turned off to conserve battery. This will change very soon with the update where they give you the option to keep it on. For now though, data is the only connection that remains on when the phone is on standby.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this too. Updates that have been out for a few weeks still don't show up on the live tile until I go search for the app. I'm really hoping the OS update coming up fixes a lot of these small issues.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Holy crap... I got notified of about a dozen updates overnight! I didn't do anything different so maybe MS fixed something on their end.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I read that facebook had an update, but the app store didn't show anything on the tile to indicate any of my apps HAD an update. I searched for facebook in the app store, found facebook and instead of Install, i saw the option to upgrade. I cancelled out of it, and then the main window of the app store showed a 1 at the bottom, to indicate an update.

Other than that, I haven't been notified of any updates in a few weeks.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Try to keep your data on for longer - the phones check the market periodically. My phone does it in the afternoon, see if you have updates if you leave it on in the night. This has worked for *me* I'm guessing that it should work for others unless I've got it completely wrong...

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel you guys are a bit over reacting. The store notification alwys shows several updates at a time and about twice or once a week. I guess it just doesn't check for updates everyday, instead it's like twice a week? My point is, it always shows up sooner or later. And if you in need of a certain upgrade you know have been pushed out, just go to store and check for it
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I hadn't had an update notification in over 2 weeks. I've never had this issue on any older windows phones so there was definitely some problem.

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ended up logging in to the app store website and was able to grab the updates that never came through. Might want to try that if you are having the sane problem :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon